The Quest Tarot - Mother of Swords

prk001

This cards shows a person running away from the Universe. She looks like she always wants to be good rather than whole. She has to integrate her dark side also to face or look at the Universe and ride with the waves of the Universe rather than against it.

She looks like she is a person who is wearing the pink mask for the world whereas within her she is that person running away from the face that is found in the dark waters. Only when she integrates her dark side she will be able to look at the bright lights of the Universe.

This card looks more like a card that speaks about integrating all parts of yourself to grow & learn with life.

Butterfly76

Just going by the picture since i don't have deck.... yet *grin* The circular ball thats illuminated above her looks like an eyeball to me. I don't know know what that might mean but that's what i thought when i saw it. Also the ground she is standing on looks like an iceberg...... just the tip of the iceberg? There's more to her than meets the eyes? The water surrounding her seems dark and deep and as the card suggests mysterious..... does that mean she is surrounded by mystery? I see a scary face in the dark waters. Also all the other mother cards have figures that are some variation of yellow/gold...yet she is blue like the summer sky. Darkness surrounds her, in her environment, yet she is bright blue, a contrast? blue skies of the day and the darkness of night? My two cents worth.

prk001

Butterfly76 said:
Just going by the picture since i don't have deck.... yet *grin* The circular ball thats illuminated above her looks like an eyeball to me. I don't know know what that might mean but that's what i thought when i saw it. Also the ground she is standing on looks like an iceberg...... just the tip of the iceberg? There's more to her than meets the eyes? The water surrounding her seems dark and deep and as the card suggests mysterious..... does that mean she is surrounded by mystery? I see a scary face in the dark waters.

Hey Butterfly76,
You have given such a great interpretation of this card even without this deck... :)
Your views are completely different than mine, yet they seem perfectly valid... makes me doubt a little about my interpretation though... ;)

Also all the other mother cards have figures that are some variation of yellow/gold...yet she is blue like the summer sky. Darkness surrounds her, in her environment, yet she is bright blue, a contrast? blue skies of the day and the darkness of night? My two cents worth.
How did you do all these analysis & comparisons of these cards without the deck? Thats amazing.

Keep the contributions flowing. I am learning from them.

L&L,
RK

Butterfly76

Hey RK,

Thanks for the kudos :) I looked at the cards on the guy's website. I like the cards that's why. I think everyone will see a little something else in the cards.... we all look at the world through tinted glasses whether we like to admit it or not :). Tinted by our own experiences and so different things jump out at us at different times in our lives. I was looking at her through my own tinted glasses, your post got me curious and i had to go see if i saw the same thing you did. It makes me wonder though about readings and how the readers prespective plays an active role. Life's many little questions :).

C

prk001

Butterfly76 said:
we all look at the world through tinted glasses whether we like to admit it or not :). Tinted by our own experiences and so different things jump out at us at different times in our lives. I was looking at her through my own tinted glasses, your post got me curious and i had to go see if i saw the same thing you did.
I accept that fully but whether I admit it or not is another big question to be answered. :D I don't know whether admitting it will make any difference in the way we are seeing. :) Probably, the awareness can create a little shift in the way we see....

It makes me wonder though about readings and how the readers prespective plays an active role.
Well, somebody in the forum once said in some post that the based on the readers perspective, the Universe serves them with appropriate cards so that they can give the message of the Universe to the querents. Intelligent Universe, huh.... :D

Life's many little questions :).
That's what I love about life. If there were no questions, there will be no answers to find & we will always be the same as yesterday or last week or last year or even the last life time. ;)

L&L,
RK

Butterfly76

*laughing* ah but admission is the first step to recovery is it not? :) If you know your glasses are tinted then you tend you evaluate every thought..... is it genuine? where does it come from? me? or somewhere or someone else? Why do i feel this way? what made me feel this way? The universe is intelligent, a whole lot more than all of mankind put together so yeah maybe it is the universe's way of speaking to us. Have you ever read the book The Holographic Universe by Micheal Talbot? I think you would find it very interesting. A whole new prespective on the universe..... scientifically speaking. Very thought provoking, i highly recommend it :).

prk001

Butterfly76 said:
*laughing* ah but admission is the first step to recovery is it not? :)
Agreed. :)

If you know your glasses are tinted then you tend you evaluate every thought..... is it genuine?
[/B][/QUOTE]
That can be true. But the problem is realise & remember at all times that you glasses are tinted. Sometimes, we can forget about the tint & see the world as colored as our glasses and make the same mistakes(arghhh... experiences :)) again.

Have you ever read the book The Holographic Universe by Micheal Talbot? I think you would find it very interesting. A whole new prespective on the universe..... scientifically speaking. Very thought provoking, i highly recommend it :).
I will definitely check out the book. Thanks for the recommendation.

L&L,
RK

Butterfly76

Ah c'est la vie, c'est la vie :). I do like this card though for some reason. Even if it does look pretty intmidating, i get the feeling she's strong enough to overome whatever she has to deal with. She's different from the rest so she's cool in my books ;).