Star reversed

Jennyb429

I did a spread about a friendship I have with and wanted to know how it 'stood' with the the other friend.. I got the sun, 4 of wands (Awesome right?) and then THE STAR REVERSED! Now, this was a big "huh?" .. I am having problems incorporating such a negative card in an overwhelmingly positive reading. If surrounding cards are strong, how much impact would you say a negative card has on a reading?

SPIRIT HAWK

Jennyb429 said:
I did a spread about a friendship I have with and wanted to know how it 'stood' with the the other friend.. I got the sun, 4 of wands (Awesome right?) and then THE STAR REVERSED! Now, this was a big "huh?" .. I am having problems incorporating such a negative card in an overwhelmingly positive reading. If surrounding cards are strong, how much impact would you say a negative card has on a reading?

i am so new to tarot could it mean that your worrying needlessly thinking somthing is going to spoil your friendship, as you may have had a lotof disapoinment in the past within a frienship ,you are fearing the worst its blocking you from seeing how things are going great, i am new to tarot hope this has helped

Jennyb429

It did, thankyou! It would make a lot of sense.. because I do worry alot! lol.. sometimes about unnecessary things..

WinterRose

A negative card surrounded by positive cards usually brings to light some hidden aspect of the reading. In this case, I'd agree with Rushka. This is about your hidden feelings regarding the relationship - you're worrying (perhaps needlessly). An upright Star card is about Self-esteem, so in this case, it's saying that your self-esteem isn't particularly high - I'm getting a sense that you're a 'what-if?' sort of person. You need to stop those negative thoughts and build up your own self-confidence.

Jennyb429

upright star = self confidence! nice to know.. :) absolutely i am a "what-if" type of person.. and i am working on it .. lol

Thirteen

Another thought--and this goes along with what others have said--you might be okay with viewing the friendship in the now, but when it comes to the future, not so much. Sun and 4/Wands are "now" cards. Today. Note how the Sun often features a happy child in a garden. The idea of a sunny day, youth, everyone reasonable, everything right with the world. 4/Wands is about that moment in building something when you come to a plateau, take a breather, celebrate.

The "now" is going well and everyone's happy. You'd rather not think about the future as you're afraid that all this good stuff is going to go away. But whatever went wrong in the friendship (or right) the 4/Wands says that you're not finished working on it yet. This is a good moment, and a good step you've taken (whatever it is), but there is more yet to do. You can't be so afraid of the future and, especially, so afraid that there might be no good end to it, that you stop working on it and try to keep it in a perpetually sunny, but incomplete stage. Eventually, the happy couple have to start living as man and wife, they can't stay at the wedding.

You're afraid that this all is going to end. But it isn't true friendship if it only exists when the sun is shining and everyone is celebrating. It's easy to be friends when the world is like that. If things get dark, is there a light to guide this friendship? You can't live in fear of the future.