Hanson Roberts study group - favorite card

Disa

I have so many favorites.

The sun and the moon. I love the High Priestess because she looks so compassionate and full of love. Usually I don't get that feeling from a high priestess.

I agree that the deck is full of meanings that go much deeper below the surface than the cute cherub faces you see in some of the cards. I think the 5 of pentacles expresses so much more despair than I've ever seen in a card before.

I only have the tarot to go, but I'm waiting for the full sized deck to arrive in the mail. I just love it.

SarahRose

The Ace of Cups and the Four of Wands!

PeterS

My Favorite Card

I have a special place for the Hanson-Roberts because it is the deck that started me on my Tarot path. I have two favorite cards. I adore and I will face up to the fact that I might even have a little bit of a crush on the Empress. I have always had a soft spot for red heads. Yet the 2 of Swords is a close second. There is something about the colors, the shapes and teh emotion that just drives me to contemplate the card.

The crowned one

I picked this deck up about 3 weeks ago and spent some time with it tonight. The small size is both a bane and a convenience. Easy to travel, but too small for my hands, I like big decks.

There are a few stand out cards in this deck for me...10 of swords,The Sun, The devil, Strength, and her "spare" card That reads "to all believers"

I think I might end up trading this deck away, but I do think it is well drawn and easy to read.

thorhammer

It's my new working deck and I'm really pleased with it. It's not pulling any punches with me, though!

My favourite card is the entire suit of Swords! I think the suit as a whole is done wonderfully, particularly the 7, 8, 10 and Knight. I'm a big fan.

I also love the "To All Believers" card, with its invitation, mystery and possibility. Is it a self-portrait?

\m/ Kat

6 Haunted Days

thorhammer said:
It's my new working deck and I'm really pleased with it. It's not pulling any punches with me, though!

My favourite card is the entire suit of Swords! I think the suit as a whole is done wonderfully, particularly the 7, 8, 10 and Knight. I'm a big fan.

I also love the "To All Believers" card, with its invitation, mystery and possibility. Is it a self-portrait?

\m/ Kat

I love the Swords in this deck too! The Queen of Swords is breathtaking, the 4 of Swords is so reminiscent of the Gothic. I love the tree that's added on the 10 of Swords.

I have so many favourites in this deck, it's a classic :) Its size makes it very unique too, don't you love it? There is even a smaller size! It's in a small kit called Tarot To Go! The little book is adorable, and with this mini deck the cards are printed in China (not Italy) so you won't have the sticky/smelly lamination you mentioned you didn't like. Here is a link to it....http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Petites...7522069?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192332294&sr=8-1

Yes I believe that is Mary Hanson-Roberts on the All Believers card. Maybe it's weird but I really love the title card, it looks like a frontpiece in an old fairytale book :)

MariposAzl

I just purchased the Tarot To Go version of this deck, and I absolutely love it!! Transitioning from the Universal Waite to this one was a sinch, and the emotions translated in the artwork is stunning.

I have a few favorites in this deck.
1. The High Priestess-because although she looks beautiful and sweet, the look on her face says there is so much more to her
2. Justice-because I couldn't really connect with the Justice card in the RWS, and this one is obviously feminine and shows an element of compassion along with rigid duty.
3. The Sun-because....well, just look at it. Doesn't it just make you smile? :D

Morwenna

I have to pick favorites? Oh, you cruel people... ;)

The court cards are wonderful, especially the queens and pages. And the King of Swords looks just like a friend of mine, who in personality *is* the King of Swords! lol (And his first name happens to be Roy!)

The aces are spectacular.

But artwork aside (which I just plain love), my two favorites are probably the Star, which has the most lovely imagery of any Star card in any deck I've seen; and the Devil, for the imagery of the "prisoners" having the loops so loose around their necks that they could slip them off at any time.

Side note: there's almost a total lack of nudity in this deck, which makes it probably the best general deck to read for average people who just might be prudish (even the technical nudes are covered by hair or their arms or something), and that and the gentle artwork and the small size make it a good deck to use for children. These factors make it a good deck for renfairs or other mixed-public venues.

GryffinSong

I've always LOVED this deck. I have a copy of it somewhere, perhaps even here in my RV with me, but I haven't found it. It's stored in a gorgeous hand-painted bag, so I hope I find it soon. The deck can be replaced, since its still in print, but I'll never have a bag like that again.

My absolute favs include: Strength (taught me the gentler side of power), Empress, Page of Cups, 2 of Wands, Knight of Wands (love his dragon helm!), 9 of Wands, 8 of Swords ...