Weirdest thing....

Lillith0315

I did a 4 card reading a few days ago with my most often used Thoth deck (I have 2 small card decks (an heir and a spare if you will) regarding, what else, my recent break up *insert eye roll here* and the cards are gone, I mean not just misplaced, I have a pretty good Idea of where I left them, they are just gone. Cannot find them anywhere and I have looked EVERYWHERE. Luckily I have a spare deck to replace the cards. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What do you make of that? Sorry if I haven't posted this in the right place, feel free to move it if I have.

starrystarrynight

Maybe they got tired of you asking the same old thing and hid! J/K :)

Thoth is my favorite, too, (I've got THREE Thoth decks!) and I sometimes think I see them cringe when I approach them with that look on my face to ask about - *yep, insert another eyeroll here*-! You know...

memries

I used to have all kinds of things disappear and then re manifest.
I don't care what anyone says. Unless it happens to you, you don't believe it.
It doesn't happen very much anymore but for a while it was really bugging me.

firecatpickles

I totally believe somet things are spirited away for a time and then brought back, either as the result of quantum mechanics or supernatural.

Have you tried doing a "finding something lost" spread?

KK
:TWHEE

Lillith0315

starrystarrynight said:
Maybe they got tired of you asking the same old thing and hid! J/K :)

Thoth is my favorite, too, (I've got THREE Thoth decks!) and I sometimes think I see them cringe when I approach them with that look on my face to ask about - *yep, insert another eyeroll here*-! You know...

Hi Starry! I have a large Thoth deck as well, the large cards are great for study and meditation but I am petite with hands to match and can't shuffle them without pulling muscles.

You know I was thinking the exact same thing about the mystery of the disappearing cards, they have had it up to their sword hilts and rims with me asking about that particular subject so they have taken their wheel and gone into hiding until I'm over it......cowards. :)

Lillith0315

memries said:
I used to have all kinds of things disappear and then re manifest.
I don't care what anyone says. Unless it happens to you, you don't believe it.
It doesn't happen very much anymore but for a while it was really bugging me.

I have never had something like this happen to me, I mean not really. I have misplaced things because I was being absent minded or I was distracted but, these cards are just gone. I can imagine that if something like this happened regularly it would be more than a little annoying. I do hope they come back.

Lillith0315

kilts_knave said:
I totally believe somet things are spirited away for a time and then brought back, either as the result of quantum mechanics or supernatural.

Have you tried doing a "finding something lost" spread?

KK
:TWHEE

Ah, no! Great idea! Thanks. :) I will go look at the spreads forum and see if there is such a spread there. If I can't find that type of spread on that forum would you know where else I could get one?

I would have to go with the quantum mechanics theory for this one, although I don't know much about it. I am a firm believer in the supernatural but I have never felt any presence of any kind in this house and I'm pretty sensitive to such things.

mysticmonkey

Don't worry it's just the vortex to the other dimension. They'll turn up soon. As well as your keys, the remote control, that favourite pair of socks and the kitchen scissors. (Mine still haven't turned up)

ravenest

I've found your cards! They were in the clothes dryer with my missing one socks.

But seriously, yes I have had this, cards 'disappear' only to come back 15 years later (a friend had them and I forgot!) I had a dagger do the same thing. It lived in a bag hanging on my desk chair, I checked, it was there. next day, house robbed and vandalised, dagger gone. Found the culpret, got the stuff back, no dagger. Got home, dagger back in bag! Hmmmm. maybe your cards are 'hiding' until it is safe to come out?

vision777

i had a thoth deck once and i lost them i don't remember where there were at or what happen to them and to this day i still wonder where can those cards be. its like i lost my memory when it comes to trying to remember what happen to the cards.