Your Faerie spreads, shared here just because...

Jewel

Vianne said:
The Soul Shrinker....Before I looked up the meanings, I completely misunderstood this card.

So did I! and once I learned more about him and later experienced him I felt just awful about my short sightedness. I am really glad to hear how much like the Faeries Oracle. Your experience with the daily draws seems really similar to me. After working with the Oracle for close to 9 months I cannot imagine not picking my daily card!

Mystica

Jewel, it's interesting to hear that you're still drawing a daily card, after so many months. I really look forward to seeing what my card will be, or thinking about how yesterdays, last weeks, whatever, came into play with something that happened.

I was drawn to this Oracle from the first time I saw it, but it's real impact on my daily life still surprises me.

Jewel

Hiya Vianne! I am actually quite surprised that I still draw a card daily and even more surprised that I actually still journal on it too! If I do nothing else in a single day I do draw my card and journal about it. Perhaps the reason I do it is because I also feel their profound effect on my life. They have helped me add a whole nother dimension of awareness to my life. I have actually started doing more 3 card readings with them as well. What can I say they are my companions :)

sagitarian

new deck reading

I did the three card relationship spread in the book. I did both spreads in one reading, and this is what came up.

1. What the other needs from the realtionship
1. Unity

2. What the relationship needs from both
5. She of the cruach

3. What you need from the relationship
14. The Maiden

Then the other spread
1. What the other brings to the relationship
59. The bodacious bodach

2. What the realtionship offers to both
49. Mikle a Muckle

3. What you bring to the relationship
58. Flaff the Flooter

Interepatation ~
Unity looks to me like the female reproductive organs. Where life begins, and the unity that comes with bringing forth life. The womb of nurture and love. With love and compassion we bring unity to ourselves and all thats around us. They need me to continue to nurture the relationship.

She of the cruach again looks like the womans womb, but this time impregnated. What the organs would look like if it was composed of just the energies of beginning life vs. the actual organs. We will both come together in the beginning of life and nurture eachother. That I am (somehow) the womb, to see them and give birth to them, I am the one that needs to see and believe, without that, they can't exist.

14. The maiden
The child that is brought forth from the pregnancy. I need their playful spirits, their games, and their nurturing guidance to manifest to this world. For me to believe them, I need them to physically affect my world, at least at the beginning until I can see them with my heart.

59. The bodacious bodach
They will bring the chaos and disorder that is often caused by their mischief.

49. Mikle a Muckle
We both need to keep a light heart. I need to acknowledge them with a gracious gentle heart, and smile at their playfulness. They will continue to bring the mischief, but also bring the special love into our home, and so many other things I'm sure into our home and our lives.

58. Flaff the Flooter
I bring this world's reality. As I looked at this card, and saw his pleasent with himself look, holding his foot. I could just see him smiling at me. I didn't get a message, but more a this is just as it is feeling. I'm here with a smile, relaxing in my surroundings. So I went to the book with this one (ducks from objects being thrown). I see that the book fits though. When it comes to the other realms, I don't play as much as I used to when I was a teenager. I get caught up in the mundane of this life and forget to play. Often get upset when things don't flow the way I feel they need to. My feet are firmly on the ground, perhaps a little too much. I bring a firmness into the relationship. I just hope I don't chase them away!

Any other insights would be most welcomed. But I really thought that the first three cards where AMAZING. The womb, then the pregnancy, then the child. WOW! What an awesome new deck reading eh?

sagitarian

Fae for the children

I decided to ask the oracle to show me which fae would best describe and then I shuffled with each child's name in mind. Here's the results. My children are 3 girl, 20 months girl, and 2 month boy. The results are in the same order that I listed their ages.

Ryann ~ 4 He of the Fiery Sword
To me this card speaks of pure, raw, energy. How it COURSES through you like a bolt of lightening, and needs to be grounded, and directed. It’s fierce, and fire is it’s element. It burns deep and hot, quick to burn with out regret. That sword swift and cutting, protective, but watch out when it’s turned on you.

I find this very fitting for her so far. She is the essence of fire energy. Always moving, jumping, running, dancing, playing, hoping, skipping etc. Never can sit still, or if she does, she’s either really tired, or sick. When she gets mad..OOOODOGGGY, I’m in for it. I can honestly say, that most of the time, I’ve been able to help calm her fire with gentleness and love. Help bring that wild fire that burns so pure in her to a more suttle house warming fire place, gentle flame. She seems to me to be the very essence of the energy that fire uses to burn. The heart of the fire.

Jaiden ~ 30 The Laume
She’s sweet, and contemplative. Dreaming about her own made up thoughts. Voluntary seclusion so she can really think about things, and sort them out. Enjoying herself, and her private time, alone. However, she sees friends and finds comfort where others see nothing at all. Just sweet, thinking, and private.

WOW is this ever so fitting. She’s very to herself, doesn’t like to play with others, mostly does her own thing. When she gets upset, she usually puts herself in seclusion and pouts. If you attempt to help or even comfort her, she’s embarrassed and gets even more upset. She usually just wants to be left alone. When she needs comfort, she’ll come to you with a hug, and maybe even cuddle for a while.

Devon ~ 8 Singer of Courage
Powerful yet very very gentle. Loving and guiding, directing others or leading them back to their path of life with a gentelness. Not scared of much if anything, that everything will work out. Knowing of oneself, what their limits are, and what they are capable of. Knowing just the right moment to interact, and when to leave good enough alone. Seeing what others don’t see and helping them avoid what otherwise might prove as being painful, if not life threatening.

He’s not old enough for me to REALLY say if this is right or not. But from what I feel from him, it seems to be fitting. Gentle courage and a loving guidance does surround him.

This excercise was really fun to do. I'm curious in what would come up if I asked about myself and my husband. Laughs. When I get the chance, I will do so and post the response they give me.

sagitarian

Re: A short 2 card reading

Alissa said:
Recently, I found the strangest object in my craft (Fae) room, and wrote about it here under "My Fae folk are at it again" about 1/2 way down the page :

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9796&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

I got :

The Soul Shrinker. That made me frown. Poor Shrinker, he doesn't have a happy face, does he? But, something about his eyes blurred while I focused on it, and I could see hawks' eyes at work. Long seeing, predatory. And sometimes helpful. His teeth continued to look pretty menacing and sharp though.

wow lissa. I have to admit, ever since I read this, I can't stop thinking of soul shrinker. I also saw the post about how the poet and the soul shrinker look alike, and wow, they really do. Looks like the soul shrinker really could be tom when he's mad, and perhaps protective. I keep thinking of your words, "that made me frown, poor shrinker, he doesn't have a happy face does he?" I don't know why. Think it's because, I've always been scared of the other realm, and of spirits and what not. After I read your posts, I can see ss as being a protective fae, and that makes me feel much more at ease with him as I know it did with you. I feel like I can get to know him now, and see past his unhappy face. In a way, I have to admit I'm jealous, and only hope that my ss will protect me and my family like yours did.

Alissa

Pulling Soul Shrinker used to give me the "uh oh" reaction. Shrinker is pretty used to that though ... I think he knows quite well that people don't like the look of him.

But, if you spend enough time with him, you can see his face soften, and his grimace can become a tenative smile. His sharp teeth and angry looks may not always be for you, just because He is *with* you, if you get my meaning.

I'm glad that you can already sense that your relationship to these creatures will continue to change, sag ... just as we each change and different issues, different problems and different joys enter our lives.

I think one message I've received again and again from them is "Look deeper," especially when you think you've seen all there is to see (in a Faery card, or in life).

And I really REALLY love what you did with the Fee and your wee ones! I am only moderately surprised to hear how accurately I think they captured your teneder ones' young personalities thus far.

And if Ryann ain't a ball of fire, I don't know who is! (I wonder how her fire and her water sides must clash inside her at times, or balance her as well, hmmmm).

sagitarian

A reading for a friend

there's two readings I want to mention here.
Last night, I had the energy and the desire to go out and do something, yet it was getting late, and wasn't sure if going out was such good idea or not since I need to get up bright and early every morning with my three young children. So, just for the heck of it, (was bored and wanted to play with the fae) I decided to shuffle and see what came up. Go out or stay in? And guess WHO showed up? LAUGHS...The green woman. The INSTANT I looked at her, she said "go out and play" so I smiled and looked at the time.

Now to rewind a bit here, earlier that night I talked to a friend of mine who was going to be out till about 11. After pulling the card, it was 11. So I gave him a call. Said that he had friends coming up from out of town, and that it wouldn't be a good night. I said ok cool. Decided to just relax on the couch and read for a bit, but I couldn't stop thinking of WHY the green woman came up. Her message was very distinctive, but I didn't feel like going out by myself. I figured all well, maybe she wanted me to stay home and play with them (as I was reading their book). About a half hr later, the phone rings. It's my friend, saying that his friends left (after 5 minutes of visiting...RUDE) and that if I was still game, then he wanted to hang out. So I said cool beans, and headed out the door.

Now for the second part...

I asked him if he wanted to play with my fae with me, he said sure. So I took out the deck and he did the pick your favorite, least favorite and universal card. Now here's where this gets interesting.

He felt it necessary to pick two cards. I can't remember who the first card was, but the second card was Arval the Parrot. This was very interesting, cuz I just had a talk with him less then a week ago asking if he could please communicate to me more clearly as there has been issues arising in my social life that is less desirable that could be avoided if he communicated to me more clearly. (Don't ask..smiles).

Later on that night, we were foolin around playing with the deck, asking the oracle, if so and so was a fae, who would s/he be. (This is really fun, oughta try it sometime. And be prepared to laugh). He shuffled asking who his son would be, and he got The dark lady, but it was more for him then his son. Well, I shuffled the deck asking who my friend's son would be. All the sudden I felt a warmness to the deck and it saying, there's something that I need to tell you feeling. I flipped the card over and there he was...Soul Shrinker. I really feel that SS is a protective fae. I've never been scared of him, and after reading my sisters posts about her experience with pulling SS, it even reaffirmed my understanding of him. So now I'm worried. SS wants to protect my friends baby. I went started shuffling the deck again, leaving SS out, and before I could barely do anything, Arval the Parrot POPS out of the deck. For the second time this evening, Arval the Parrot showed up with my friend. His kind wise eyes and the gentle way that he's pointing to the glowing ball in his throat. Now this is an interesting reading. SS wants to protect his baby, The dark lady being my friend knows (somewhat) what is going on, but he needs to communicate to the mother, as there is more that is going on then what meets the eye...but he needs to approach her delicately so she will tell him.

To rewind a little bit more. First of all, if you haven't guessed, their not together. Aside from that, she at one point was dating this guy, turns out he's very mean, vindictive, stalker type. Very threatening. He's been coming around the mother again, wanting her back. This has been going on for a while now off and on. My friend has recieved numerous calls from her to tell him to come get their son, that the bad person is coming and I don't know what he's going to do. My friend of course does so, but he also has feelings for her, and wants to be there to protect her too, but he does as she wishes, and takes their son to where it's safe from the bad person. In any case, I think something serious is about to happen, and their son is in the middle somehow. I told my friend all of this, and he as very receptive to recieve it. I also know that SS wants their son with my friend, to better protect him, that he knows my friend can offer his son better protection then the mother. But his hands are tied on that issue. Sighs. Poor baby. I hate to see such a young child have to be caught up in the bad things that humans sometimes reflect.

I thought it interesting how the green woman came up to tell me to go out and play, and then SS and Arval the Parrot came up to give my friend a VERY important message. AS well as the dark lady.

Alissa

My first ever "real" Faery reading for another person, Redwood!

Check it out to read RedWood's reading! I just put on my CD for Fae Readings and had a ball with this! WOWOWOW! Did it *ever* change how I interact with my Fae. I've been Fae "forced" (Coerced is probably better) to go to an entirely new level ... finding Their mirrors for Another, not for myself.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11617

WOW! It's like learning how to look into someone *else's* mirrors while you're looking in your own. What I mean by that is : when reading, many of my own personal interpretations of the Fae came through (such as Indi's indescion, or Geeoo) ... those were my mirros.

But then I also saw entirely new things that I think were pertinent to RedWood's individual situation, such as He of the Fiery Sword's mysterious woman who stepped forward for the first time ever! WOW was that amazing!

If you haven't tried doing this, but are game for it, I suggest it highly. It's a unique experience with your Fae that can really teach you unexpected things.

Jewel

which faerie ring spread did you use? I have used several and found them to work incredibly well with the Froud oracle ... then again, it was my faeries that insisted we buy the fairy ring! *LOL*