TAROT OF THE IMAGINATION , worth buying ?

ana luisa

I just saw the Tarot of the Imagination selling for 20 dollars. Worth buying ? Anybody knows how it reads ?

ana luisa

Nobody ? :confused:

Le Fanu

Odd deck. Totally intuitive. I'd use only the Majors but the Hanged Man shows someone dangling out of a giant's nose and I really don't like that. And yet other cards are stunning. Like the High Priestess.

It really is totally intuitive. Others would say it's "an Oracle" but I'm not of that school of thought.

I see people buying it because they think it is rare and then they try to resell it for a more expensive price because it is OOP. I'd say, only buy it if it's for you.

Very odd. A curio.

ana luisa

Odd deck. Totally intuitive. I'd use only the Majors but the Hanged Man shows someone dangling out of a giant's nose and I really don't like that. And yet other cards are stunning. Like the High Priestess.

It really is totally intuitive. Others would say it's "an Oracle" but I'm not of that school of thought.

I see people buying it because they think it is rare and then they try to resell it for a more expensive price because it is OOP. I'd say, only buy it if it's for you.

Very odd. A curio.

Thank you, Le Fanu!!! Your take on this deck is SUPER valuable :) I have always had my eye on it but it's quite expensive and this opportunity may not knock twice. I do like odd, intuitive, non-RW and plain bizarre. So, I guess, I may find it useful. Thanks again :thumbsup:

PS: So you know, this is one of my absolute favorite decks - http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/philosophers-stone-self-awareness/

Rhinemaiden

I bought it, very cheap. It's in my "what WAS I thinking?" collection... :(

ana luisa

I bought it, very cheap. It's in my "what WAS I thinking?" collection... :(

Oh, dear.. thank you for pitching in. May I ask why did it have such a strong effect on you ? Impossible to read with ?

Rhinemaiden

Oh, dear.. thank you for pitching in. May I ask why did it have such a strong effect on you ? Impossible to read with ?

I'll be honest with you.... I bought the deck because there was a card in it depicting the sphinx in Cairo (10 coins) that triggered happy memories. I was also amused by Henry VIII as the King of Cups. When I received the deck I realized I truly did not like the art. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

I never attempted to read with it. Perhaps my failing. Perhaps the deck will resonate with you.

As I said recently in another deck thread: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I would never impose my taste/or lack of same on another. You need to decide for yourself whether this deck will suit you.

If you can get it cheap, why not?

ana luisa

I'll be honest with you.... I bought the deck because there was a card in it depicting the sphinx in Cairo (10 coins) that triggered happy memories. I was also amused by Henry VIII as the King of Cups. When I received the deck I realized I truly did not like the art. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

I never attempted to read with it. Perhaps my failing. Perhaps the deck will resonate with you.

As I said recently in another deck thread: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I would never impose my taste/or lack of same on another. You need to decide for yourself whether this deck will suit you.

If you can get it cheap, why not?

Funny you mention liking the art. I have the HARDEST times reading with gorgeous decks. :D The VR, for instance, is gathering dust. I thought about buying the Tarot of Delphi but didn't because I feel I would get lost in the beauty and let the intuitive flashes go by. The Imagination deck is weird. That's what attracts me. It does not say ANYTHING until you use it for a reading. And the weird changes shape as it sends messages. Same with the Nicoletta. Weird deck but fantastic for readings. Some cards even give me the creeps but it is a fab one. Thanks again for your input ;)

Barleywine

I looked at this one a while ago when it was much less pricey. I liked the spareness of the images but decided to skip it. I think it's right where it belongs . . . in my imagination!