Hanson_Roberts 6 cups...Does this house have eyes????

Fostha

Just playing with my H-R deck,and taking a quick look at the 6 cups,looks like the house in the picture has eyes,but its what are in fact the windows in the loft space.Looking at that little blond haired-blue eyed pair on there(doesn't he look a real little cherub too),was the big brother idea really floating round a long time ago do you think,has anyone else ever noticed this,or am I just looking at this card wrong?...Thoughts anyone?

Amanda

Yeah, I can kind of see what you're talking about! Those 3 wooden things coming up from the windows towards the roof kind of look like lashes.

starrystarrynight

It looks like a personified house that might show up on Looney Tunes. :)

cricket

I always thought it looked like the house from the Amityville Horror movie, but that's just me.

Flavio

Fostha said:
looks like the house in the picture has eyes,but its what are in fact the windows in the loft space.
You mean like the singing barn in this video? (Seen at 1:18) that's a funny idea considering how sweet but honest this deck is.

daphne

Fostha said:
Just playing with my H-R deck,and taking a quick look at the 6 cups,looks like the house in the picture has eyes,but its what are in fact the windows in the loft space.Looking at that little blond haired-blue eyed pair on there(doesn't he look a real little cherub too),was the big brother idea really floating round a long time ago do you think,has anyone else ever noticed this,or am I just looking at this card wrong?...Thoughts anyone?

Funny what you say, I searched for the 6 of Cups and indeed, you can consider the two small windows like two childish eyes. Nice observation.

Fostha

daphne said:
Yes, and more or less, they mirror the girl`s eyes.
Maybe they represent the mind (as they're in the upper part of the house)where all our thoughts/memories are stored from our past,seeing as its usually a card all about innocence and nostalgia.

Morwenna

Wow! I'll never be able to look at that card again without seeing the eyes!

Funny, though, how many pictures of houses look like faces... It's almost a cliche' in the world. But it does mean a lot; buildings are often thought to have personalities, especially dwellings. This card, meaning nostalgia, includes the house as part of the family!

A poem by Tennyson that I first read as a child uses a house as a metaphor for a person--specifically, a deserted house for a dead person. Seems to be a long-standing association.