~Always on the Lookout~Trade gems, Crystals, Stones???

All Is One

Never heard of many who are ready to leap in and trade their crystals, their precious or semi-precious gems,

but- we are a strange bunch and trades seem to addict us...

I have a fantastic shop near here caled Ososoft (why? really Do Not KNow)

here is the shop...a literal MINE of info and GREAT deals:

<http://www.osomin.com> (if that link does not work I will be back to fix)

George changes his site Hourly!

Still hoping to trade or similar...

and George said the shipping through X-ray does NOT affect any minerals as it is a tiny fraction of the dose the "irradiated" ones get.

(I will start thread on the horror of the 'aqua aura crystal nightmare' as soon as I recover...)

~All Is One and not a bit of it is "aqua"

tabbycat

The Hope Diamond's okay, if you like blue, but the yellow Hooker Diamonds are much nicer. They wouldn't let me bring them home from DC though - sob! ;)
Don't have anything to trade at the moment, but I'll bear it in mind.

Jilly

catlin

I'd be interested but what about the thingy that US mail x-rays stuff? A guy who sells minerals to ppl in the USA claimed that a clear crystal he had sent off here in Germany appeard at the addressee in the States as smokey quartz because of the x-rays?

Any information about that? I don't think that guy areliable source (found out that he's a liar) so I'd like to know if this x-ray inspection by US mail is true or not.

truthsayer

i've never heard about the story you bring up catlin but i will be on the look out.

all is one, i'm game for trading something. it is my passion, you know! i have lots of books on crystals that i wouldn't mind trading for one of your personal creations.

the hermit

Yes... X-rays can alter quartz and other crystals!

catlin said:
I'd be interested but what about the thingy that US mail x-rays stuff? A guy who sells minerals to ppl in the USA claimed that a clear crystal he had sent off here in Germany appeard at the addressee in the States as smokey quartz because of the x-rays?

Any information about that? I don't think that guy areliable source (found out that he's a liar) so I'd like to know if this x-ray inspection by US mail is true or not.

it's true... x-rays, which are a form of irradiation (hence warning signs at x-ray facilities) can cause clear quartz to darken and cloud. This is, by the way, how some unscrupulous gem dealers create "smokey" quartz for sale, since it is rarer than clear quartz.

We also discussed it a bit in the original thread
STUDY GROUP: Crystals, Gem & Metal Magic

It depends, but if the x-rays are strong enough it can and has happened.
This can happen to any quartz crystal and to some other not quartz crystals too.

All Is One

Now I am on a Mission

lucky we are to have you Hermit...
I really do think of you as the druidic sage
I miss the green man avatar we both
popped up with synchronously,
Except you have the most blazing avatar (K outdid himself)

(I think I summoned you- ???)

you are real, I suppose, but? })
My ego steps in and suggests the call was out
and here you are...so either way-
can you help more on this shipping dilemma?

I could call the post office (ha) but- I really want to trade
these- MORE than decks even!

(gasp TS, cover your ears- blasphemy is afoot)

The Man who owns the little shop (not behind a curtain, but an oddly
wise and wittly character...hmmmm, could be one of us)
that I mentioned on the Crystals & Water thread...Ososoft something, here in Baywood Park- he ships from all over the world and he will know something
I think.
There MUST be a simple, non-leaden method to protect all types of private
power items from the malicious rays of the Postal Force.

I know they x-ray all as a routine- but
stuff like film, and other items must be able to go another route (do we have to let them rub their paws all over it?)

~*~

TS- I have these adventurines ... and other stones, that I string taunt into rings of 2" to 4" in diameter, and hang all about from fishline-
(rearview mirror has a bunch) the green is a protection and healing favorite of mine~ lots of other stones on hand...PM me and I will
gleefully trade those, (malachite "circles" are pretty, and so are the garnet ones...light hits them with stunning result. Over doorways and in the windows will cause interesting changes.) I also stitch these on other things.

Excited over trading the larger crystals when Hermit or ? helps us figure out how to ship-

and I sent you a long PM a few hours ago...medicine bag in progress as I write

(it is true- I have six arms...)

~AIO
**lookig forward to trades of treasures whooo-hooo !
hey - Is it time for a crystal-holics anonymous group? It seems to help
us, the afflicted and suffering so much in our struggles to share our pain~ (hee hee)**

SherryZoned

I dont have crystals to trade...but I have deck sets and books if anyone is interested...I dont know how much things run..so...

tabbycat

Lots of gemstones used in jewellery are heat treated and/or irradiated to boost or change the colour of the stones. All blue topaz is, and many of the different colours of sapphire. I even heard of a batch of tiger's eye a while back that had been exposed to a nuclear reactor to give it a deep, chocolate colour and was found to be faintly radioactive after the treatment!
I collect pressed glass and I found out recently that some pieces of clear glass graduallly turn purple if left in strong sunlight - not a great problem over here in the cold, grey UK! - but some dealers speed up the process with UV lights and some companies will irradiate boxes of glassware to alter its colour.

Jilly

All Is One

Spaeking of Beauty and Terror...

Eeeeek! Irradiated crystals I can stand as "fake" and try to avoid...but radiactive? T-cat you are giving me the heebie-jeebies...it is bad enough that Andy (my...boyfriend? bad word) runs a nuclear power plant... I lose sleep over that one and catch a LOT of flack from fellow no nuke heads like me- it is his choice- so when I see him glow in the dark, I just think of it as a night light (lol)

Really- irradiated tiger's eye is a frightening thought- and in stores they do not even normally know where their loose stone stock really came from.

Blue Topaz ~ ha. Glad to hear it was not just a real rip off when, in 1993,
a man gave me a huge hand cast and signed ring with a cut blue topaz-
or it was called an aquamarine topaz...but anyway- had the ring sized down and- oops. The very large faceted stone came back absolutely clear as a ...
fake topaz. The store was ashamed and let me pick a replacement (did not like the ring's stone or color from the get go)

I picked with trepidation after that incident- but what I got was- according to them- a "star onyx"... I doubted it, but loved the setting and the cabochon w/cross, so I took it, and now as of re-connecting w/my wise old friend
(his new incarnation is "Crow Hart") I hear this ring is a star sapphire...but it is black black black. He dug in his treasure boxes and pulled up an old old men's ring- same stone, color, and a better star, black, and said- "Take it as yours- this stone has chosen you for a reason, so wear as much as you can
find."

It is true- even when I thought my trade in ring was "generated" (star onyx???) I wore it daily for almost 10 years.

BTW: anyone seen Hermit's rock page? it is so cool. Try it and see...hhope you don't mind H- I just found it last night and I love it (copied your images for future reference~!) It is part of the Hermit's homepage...I'll get the adress and be back

(If I am pushing my way into your cave, dear sir Hermit- please feel free
to edit and remove the mention and the next post~ no problem)

~AIO

All Is One

Hermit's Rock Page

Okay- talk about sychronous events...

as I am posting his page- feling so cool because I found it off the cuff last night, I bump into my PM box (the auto e-mail messages from Tarot forum to me have been down for a few days)

There it is~ an invite from the Hooded One Himself...(whoa- sounds so dark)

so ~

To all who go look~

Please please:
don't go trying to beg, buy, bribe, or barter for that carved
rhysolite bear before I can legally bind and contractually
deliver my own and my baby sister's immortal souls...

but do go look- great stuff- maybe I can find other items to barter
just look at the sparkling purple and the geodes and the...

GO TO:
http://www.geocities.com/the_hermit@prodigy.net/

Enjoy...and hands off the bear.

~AIO