Pregnancy prediction spread

Jeanette

I did a search and didn't find anything about this; I was wondering if anybody had a spread they could recommend that would deal with pregnancy; something that would show the likelihood (or unlikelyhood, if that's a word) of getting pregnant. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks in advance......... :)

Kissa

!!!!

Yep ... and what about a spread that could predict cancer ?????

As you might have understood, I strongly object to tarot being used for this kind of purpose ...

Kissa

Diana

It is nice to be able to disagree with Kissa for once! Makes a healthy change. :) And it's not the first time that I agree with Jeanette when others disagree!

I would do a simple three card spread to start with, the traditional past, present and future. The future should be done with a specific time-line (3 months, 6 months, a year - I wouldn't bother going further than a year, personally). The past and present cards can bring up very interesting stuff that the question is revolving around.

(As to predicting cancer, one could do the same thing. But if someone came to me asking if they would be getting cancer in the next three months, I would tell them that I would prefer doing a spread with them either for their fears, or if they wanted something more concrete, what unhealthy patterns they are living which can be changed, in order to prevent the cancer.)

Jeanette

Well, I have to agree with both of you about this. I personally don't believe tarot can predict what will happen in the future; after all, there is free will involved along with many other changeable variables. However, I do feel that tarot cards can focus on issues that affect the future. If it is revealed during a reading that a person feels a certain way about something, perhaps they can then change their behavior to modify the future. Say someone is worried about cancer, maybe reading their cards could help them focus on a healthier lifestyle, seeing a doctor for tests, or finding out exactly what it is about their own mortality that is frightening. And about a pregnancy, maybe the person is wanting to get pregnant for all the wrong reasons (thinking it will bring love into a loveless relationship or something like that). Or perhaps getting pregnant is frightening for a woman having her cards read about it; after all, it is a huge responsibility caring for another human being!

So, I guess what I should have requested was a spread that would reveal pregnancy-related issues (health, finances, emotions, those types of things)? So thanks for your suggestions, Diana, and Kissa for making me state my intent more clearly! :)

mrsjvan

The one time I did predict a pregnancy. I wasn't even looking for it, but I couldn't miss it. I guess sometimes if you're supposed to know they'll tell you. :)

Diana

Jeanette: Of course Tarot can predict the future. But of course, in many instances, this future can be changed. The Tarot cards can indicate to us what can be changed and what can't.

Example: a spread that reveals that someone won't be pregnant in a year, but desperately wants to, can reveal that it is precisely this desperation and stress that is preventing her falling pregnant. So you explore different avenues with her in order for her to let go of her stress. And that can change the outcome. (Sometimes outcomes can't be changed, of course, and then one can work on how to deal with this.)

Pregnancy prediction spread: past, present, future. But if you insist, you can throw in an advice card to shed more light.

Kissa

My apologies

Jeanette said:
So, I guess what I should have requested was a spread that would reveal pregnancy-related issues (health, finances, emotions, those types of things)? So thanks for your suggestions, Diana, and Kissa for making me state my intent more clearly! :)

Hum ... dunno really if I deserve to be thanked about anything as I was that rude. I am glad you were able to make your sentence more clear because I was thinking the same about these "pregnancy-related issues" : what is behind the need to know if one would get pregnant ??

Anyway, I apologize.

Kissa

Kissa

Diana said:
It is nice to be able to disagree with Kissa for once!

HOW DARE YOU ??????

:-D

Kissa

allibee

As an aside:

My first husband was adopted into a family where the husband and wife couldn't have children.
There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with either of them, but just together, they simply could not conceive. If they had been with different partners, then they could have made babies like rabbits, according to medical advice.

I wonder how the cards would show that?

allibee

Trogon

allibee said:
As an aside:

My first husband was adopted into a family where the husband and wife couldn't have children.
There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with either of them, but just together, they simply could not conceive. If they had been with different partners, then they could have made babies like rabbits, according to medical advice.

I wonder how the cards would show that?

Temperence reversed?