The Happy Squirrel card

HudsonGray

But aren't they, in turn, countered by 'Fearless Leader?'

Boy, are we dating ourselves!

OakDragon

At least the evil only lasts a week!

;)

Umbrae

Snidely Whiplash…my boyhood hero. The dweeb mountie always got the girl (what was her name?), ya had to feel sorry for Snidely.

Wait a minute…if Boris and Natasha are the Emperor and Empress, Bullwinkle would be the Le Bateleur (juggling during opening sequence), would Rocky be the Sun?

This would mean by association that the De Gelukkige Eekhoorn would be a reflection of Rocky – the dark side of Rocky. Similar in many ways with Le Lune, except where the moon implies unconscious (hence no guilt), O Esquilo Feliz would imply intent.

I knew Rocky would save the day.

Ravenswing

Umbrae said:
Snidely Whiplash…my boyhood hero. The dweeb mountie always got the girl (what was her name?), ya had to feel sorry for Snidely.

The girl was Nell. And Dudley was more interested in his horse than in her...

ncefafn

HudsonGray said:

Boy, are we dating ourselves!

Luckily, I'm a cheap date, else I'd never take myself out. ;)

The Happy Squirrel card is a portent of evil for all housecats. My little Brigid sits on the windowseats in my house, staring out at the squirrels who run up and down the trees, and when she gets really frustrated, emits these tiny little cat-barks. For cats, the Happy Squirrel is the squirrel they can't get.

Thus, it is a symbol of unfulfilled hunger and desire, of frustration; the querent may be powerless or lack opposable thumbs.

Kim

Alissa

These analyses are brilliant, and beyond anything I would have come up with myself.

I really love this card, but have yet to own a deck with one (that wont last forever, I assure you!) But, I thought getting other people's thoughts would be interesting, and boy howdy! :D

You folks got lots of good stuff to say about Squirrels!

And, I'm lovin it!

HudsonGray

Frustration is right--the damn beasts got around the $10 squirrel baffle I bought for the top of the bird feeder last week. Had to give one a heart attack by pounding on the window to get him off the woodpecker food. They stripped that in 2 days last time I put one of those suet cakes up.

I see that nobody's in agreement that the Happy Squirrel is a GOOD card! Hmm.

Simone

HudsonGray said:
Frustration is right--the damn beasts got around the $10 squirrel baffle I bought for the top of the bird feeder last week. Had to give one a heart attack by pounding on the window to get him off the woodpecker food. They stripped that in 2 days last time I put one of those suet cakes up.

I see that nobody's in agreement that the Happy Squirrel is a GOOD card! Hmm.

Well, they are learning fast,aren't they??? Like monkeys, the more challenging it is the better they get...

You want a good thing said about squirrels? they seem to be quite intelligent... :D

Love
Simone

ncefafn

And they're cuter than moles. Not gophers, though. Gophers dance. When are we going to get a Dancing Gopher card to go with the Happy Squirrel?

Kim

firemaiden

You know I've always thought squirrels were cute, adorable, fun, etc., but my little jack russel terrier, Amish, taught me otherwise. I have never heard fouler words come out of an animal's mouth than that day we met the squirrel standing in our neighbor's garden.

He stood upright, exposing his nuts (like the squirrel in the photo) in clear provocation, and made obscene insinuations to Amish. Then Amish saw red, and just lost it, I mean, he wanted blood! The squirrel teased Amish by standing still, and pretending to be "catchable" then disappeared at the last possible moment up a tree.

Then he stood over us and let loose the most inflamatory series of invectives either of us had ever heard, and which can't be repeated here. Amish tried and tried to run up the tree after him, giving himself a running start over and over again.

Needless to say, he did not succeed. And we both walked home in a very foul mood indeed.