The Quest Tarot - Mother of Stones

prk001

The person in the center of the card is meditating and creating something on her womb. I see the universe materializing it for her externally while she is doing it internally. She knows that she is the centre of her Universe and hence the Universe is at her command. She looks like she has risen above the maze of life and knows what life is all about and at the same time deeply connected with the earth. She has balanced her creativity with abundance in both material and spiritual matters.

MysticHermit

I would like to begin with a quote from my earlier post on the Favorite cards thread and continue from there:

She is meditating in the centre of the card. What are those golden coins doing hanging in the air? I can see the gold coins falling down at her & trying to distract her from meditating. The world is trying to disturb her from her path but she is not the one to be disturbed by the world.

There are quart crystals on either side of her. Are they crystals or skyscrapers? There are two golden swans looking at the sky. Are they looking at the sky or the coins? She is sitting inside a star-shaped laser beam surrounded by stones. This looks like a nice meditative card.

Butterfly76

It seems like a very angular card, i don't know what that may mean but there are angles eveywhere, she's sitting on this square platform of sorts. RK says its a maze, when i first looked at it i thought it was a circuit board for some reason, i was like why is she sitting on a circuit board? :). But it does look like a maze, lots of angles there and the square pillars in the back. My first thought was that the two triangles(angles again) made by the little globes that she is sitting on was a pentagram but then i saw that it had six sides. Does anyone know what a 6-sided star may mean? And the twelve globes.... why twelve? And the white roses at the bottom of the card... it could be some other flower but it looks like roses to me.... doesn't the white rose symbolize true love? And what's with the white billy goat on the other corner? He seems to be eyeing the roses a little too much :). My take on the card, she's surrounded by money, they are large temptations, it would be so easy to get engulfed but her spiritually helps her. She is protected by several things, the pentagram thingy she's sitting on, the geese on the sides and her own inner spiritual self. My three cents worth since i wrote more this time :p

prk001

Butterfly76 said:
And the twelve globes.... why twelve?
That may be indicating the 12 astrological signs. Thats the only relationship that I can remember for 12 apart from the 12 months of a year. :D

My take on the card, she's surrounded by money, they are large temptations, it would be so easy to get engulfed but her spiritually helps her.
This feels like the essence of the card. You put it in nice words. :)

My three cents worth since i wrote more this time :p
:D

L&L,
RK

Sillanza

Mother or Other?

This Mother of Stones is an expression of comfort, not unlike the traditional Queen of Pentacles, but in this case the comfort is spiritual and balances the material comfort available to her. Is she really "just" a Mother? She seems almost more like a High Priestess. My impressions from this card:

- As Butterfly76 observed, she is surrounded by the symbols of worldliness, including 12 small worlds themselves. In addition to the coins and the buildings there are six blindingly shining diamonds in an arc over her head. But are they? All these images seem to be behind the Mother, not above her. As if she has moved beyond the need for these worldly treasures.

- She appears to be in a perfect meditative state: sitting in a half lotus pose on a platform of energy forming the cross of David. she is undisturbed by the falling coins -- as if it happens every day and should not draw her attention. The book accompanying the deck describes the maze below as being filled with water. It is still water; does it also run deep?

- Is the epiphany surrounding her head one of realization of one's true worth, or is it another layered image? In other words, is this epiphany behind her because she's already learned her true worth?

- The flower in the foreground is Lily of the Valley. A flower often popular for bridal bouquets as it's traditional meaning is for continuing happiness and sweetness. However, this Lily is one of the few flowers that is completely poisonous: the flowers, the leaves, even the bulbs. Even her deadly weapons are concealed in an outwardly delicate package.

- The goat appears to be an angora goat. An agile, steadfast animal that lives high in the mountains and endures much to produce it's valuable fleece. Sounds like every mother I know!

- The book describes the twisted gold images to the rear of the Mother as "horns." MysticHermit thought they were swans -- I thought they were sea snakes! Needless to say, I didnt' see them as an important element.