The Jean Dodal deck: High resolution scans

prudence

I still fee slightly confused... are those of us on the list waiting for the full 78 card deck? (because yes, I want to wait for all 78 to be available)... or is the list for those who are going to buy a 22 card deck, plus the wooden box...?

I want to be on the list for the full deck, please. Thank you, Eltarot.

eltarot78

Ok Prudence is no obligation to buy.

Yves, I'll wait for other confirmations, we'll see, I got to both.

TdM lover

LE MAT comparaison

Ola Pablo,

I can't wait to see your work and compare it to the authentique Dodals and the Flornoy restauration. My guess is we'll have a lot to talk about!
I took a look at Le Mat. I appreciate a lot that you took over the lines of the frames scrupulously! Can I ask a few questions:
- Will you print the cards on the exact size of the ancient decks? (They are bigger than the Dusserre edition).
- What exactely did you find in the mounth of the 'dog'?
- Will you you use the vivid blue like we can see on your Le Mat? It seems a bit too vivid to me...

4xLEMATcommentsmall.jpg

Bernice

I think the 'dog' in the Fool is supposed to be a cat........ read about it somewhere.

Bee :)

eltarot78

Hola TdM Lover, welcome new voices and new questions to this thread.
Thank you very much for his work with the images.

I feel that Dodal original is not the original frameless lines.

The idea is to as is the original design and size, although some women complain that their hands are small, although many are enamored of Noblet has a design and size more enjoyable for them.

According to what I saw, the size of the image inside the frame (not the card, but, the inside) is 12 or 12.1 cm and 5.95 or 6.1 cm depending on the case because not all pairs of images, ranging from arcane to arcane.

If my data are not true, thank you let me know, I would make a great favor, because we have time to corrections.

I found exactly the dog's mouth? mmmmm, I show to see if we share reviews.

Whiskers not so (do not think), a tree leaf that gets you closer to your friend? (mmm, a contribution of vitality, it will say the other cards) it is tearing the clothes? as the detail is very ambiguous, is a piece of linen shaped leaf, and not just as white is purity and coldness, but ambiguity, leave this detail painted white or unpainted, as is that Dodal used to this color.

The vivid blue that you see, is watching the digital color subsides once printed, the colors are not exactly historical, but very nice in group of cards in vivo. Can read well and the colors are well defined.

On the questions left in the graph.

A- What could this be?

- This is a detail even debatable, suggestion of a friend Dodal mad lover.
We could make a rating if the notion of movement, including (accidentally present) in the BnF, is necessary or is a redundancy in this picture FULL of movement.

B- Flesh coloured?

- Is also questionable, wear or bad paint, I do not need to leave that little space, is part of trousers, or you have any theory you want to tell us?

Is not your question but the dog / cat according Flornoy is a civet (a mixture of cat-like marsupial), so domestic use in Europe for hunting rats, ancestor familiar european from whence they draw the Kopi Luwak.

Saludos Amantes TdM

TdM lover

Dodal LE FOL by Roberto

Ola Dodal restaurator,

Yes indeed this blue is a lot more harmonious. It doesn’t take all the attention anymore. Thanks a lot for the picture!

* About the frames: You said: “I feel that Dodal original is not the original frameless lines.”

I'm afraid I don’t fully understand what you say here. Do you mean the frames on the BN and the BM Dodal are not the ultimate originals?
Was Flornoy right when he corrected the frame and draw straight lines?
It seems weird to me that wooden print blocks get dammaged from straight lines to the lines we can see now.

* About the size: I’ll check the size in the BN catalogue. But I guess that’s where you got the information too, isn't it?

* About the ‘leaf’: I would leave it blue. It’s blue also on the Britisch Museum card. This way it can stay ambiguous.
What does it look like on a high resolution of the British Museum LE FOL?

DodalDog.jpg

* B: I’m kind off a purist. When on both ‘originals’ some detail is white, even if we do not have a suitable interpretation for now, I would leave it white. Some day we might understand why it was that way on the originals.

@ Bernice (about the dog/cat/civet): I think it’s typical for the TdM that a lot of drawings/patterns can have different interpretations because it adds possible content. For me it’s ok not knowing for 100% if the ‘animal’ on LE MAT / LE FOL is a cat, a dog, a civet, or something in between of those. Let’s say it’s a cat for catpeople, a dog for dog people and even a perrot for pirates (if there are still among us ;) .

Thank you for revitalising the interest for the restauration of this deck Roberto,

TdM Lover

Bernice

TDM lover: Ola Dodal restaurator,

Yes indeed this blue is a lot more harmonious. It doesn’t take all the attention anymore. Thanks a lot for the picture!
Oh! yes. I also prefer this softer blue. Thank you.

Bee :)

eltarot78

Hello, TdM lover, you are Roberto? or Roberto is an other restaurator?
asked about the doubts, my name is Pablo and my surname is Robledo,
Pablo Robledo, not Roberto, haha.

* Abouth the Fframes: if, through the translator wrote, “I feel that Dodal original is not the original frameless lines.” grrrrrr,
I mean say: without the lines of the framework, is not the same
with untidy lines as did Dodal, similar to the original is bigger, thus recreates more about the original, indeed restoration to the finest detail.

*About the size: Thanks, I will wait here for the answer, only to corroborate and thus more able to stay calm.

* About the leaf: blue paint is a good option, and hare tests, print a couple of chances and tonight when read, proves to both.

*B: I tried it, the inside of leaving it white trousers, creates a good effect, is a detail that is harmonious within the group and is a very well run.

another question for all,
believe that LE SOLEIL is closest to the original?

Saludos,
Pablo (no Roberto, jaja :)

eltarot78

Bee, when the 78, will in this softer blue. :)