Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 14 - #164

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 14
Number: 164

Symbol: FINELY LETTERED NAMES AND MYSTERIOUS LINES ARE SEEN; IT IS A FAMILY TREE.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 163.jpg
    163.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 366

tink27

This just seemed to fit so well, and so beautifully said…..
When walking through a warm and lush forest setting one's thoughts can easily take flights of fancy. It is not difficult to shed the layers of modern life and find one's more subtle or primitive beginnings. Somewhere from deep within the spirit and majesty of each single tree steps forth and at once one can find themselves transported to a world of shadow and shade. by Morgan La Fey

it’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness Eleanor Roosevelt

What if, this symbol is looking at the ‘collective unconscious’? I wonder if each country has its own? And of course we all have a family tree dating way back to heavens knowns when. All family trees have been evolving and changing for many years.

As far as a country, whose names are on this tree, do they have to be famous or known in some way? One person that comes to mind is Martin Luther King, who became the spokesman for his people. And what of Nelson Mandala or even Gandhi? They all fostered a nurturing and humanitarian spirit to their people. There’s many more and they didn’t have to be as powerful as these people. Purple_scorp’s tree could definitely have an interesting blend of humanitarians that have blessed our world. Whom in your town or country has fought for your rights and freedom?

Maybe this symbol is asking us to look into our distant past (family connections), even our childhood, to look at the ‘roots’ that hold promise and the ones that seem to be holding us back from progressing forward.

I wonder if someone who has this symbol has not only a deep attachment to their family and hometown and has contributed and devoted his/her life with their people. I'm also curious if this could be a historian or even an insightful person who has the knowledge about people and their personalities.

Perhaps others could add their insights to this symbol?

tink :love:

purple_scorp

We all have a family tree and yet, isn't it funny how little that some of us know about our family.

I knew my father was in the Navy when I was a young girl, but I didn't know he was also in the Army nor the position that he held.

I used to love sitting with my grandmother (my father's mother) and listen to her talk about the days when she first arrived in Australia. She lived with her very large family in a hut made from bark. I can't even imagine what that must have been like.

And sadly, I only found out two years ago, after she died, that her mother was a medium and would go to church and preach but not remember anything she'd said because she would be channeling a spirit. I never knew my great grandmother, but wish I could have spoken to my grandmother to find out some more stories.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Virgo 14
Birthdays: September 5th–7th
Numerology: 164
Sabian Symbol: A family tree
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Gentility
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Cystic arteries
Crystal Element: Pink Fluorite
Expression: Pink Fluorite is the natural, pink variety of the mineral fluorite. Pink Fluorite dissolves persistent, unwanted patterns and promotes affection in all relationships.
Message: Remember the fundamentals; share nourishment, a home and love.
Sun Focus: You treat everyone in your social circle with compassion, courtesy and, indeed, like family.
Affirmation: I pray for all of my brothers and sisters. We are all related in the light.