The 'Secret Fire'?

Rosanne

similia said:
Also the Yod letter itself looks like a tiny flame, and is the base letter of the hebrew alphabet. All the other letters are larger and based on it. So in that sense its also the secret fire of the alphabet. There is a jewish story about the hebrew alphabet existing before creation, being written in letters of fire etc.

How do I do a big tick here?
As always Similia right on the button.
~Rosanne

ravenest

Yes! You can see the fire in Hebrew script, it is like the 'contortion' of the different flames in a fire as one can see air in Arabic script (and Farsi, etc.); the patterns of incense smoke rising and falling through the air.

Yygdrasilian

Caduceus Kukulkan

Crowley's Thoth deck gives alchemical symbols for the Trumps corresponding to the mother letters of the Hebrew alphabet:

20:AEON = Air

0:FOOL = Spiritual Air

12:MANGED MAN = Water

Reading his book on Tarot, however, he is well aware that the Aeon corresponds to the letter Shin and that it represented Fire.
By drawing a little line through the triangle of the element symbol (changing it from Air to Fire) you are lighting the "Secret Fire" in his deck.

A little magick for anyone brave enough to bring it to life?

Putting the deck into practice - awakening the Secret Fire of Kundalini - one should consider the Hermetic maxim: As above, so below

Grigori

Yygdrasilian said:
Crowley's Thoth deck gives alchemical symbols for the Trumps corresponding to the mother letters of the Hebrew alphabet:

20:AEON = Air

Could you please refer us to the place where Crowley attributes the Aeon card to Air? I can't recall any GD based deck, including Crowley as referencing anything but "Judgment=Shin = Fire" Given that the Aeon card is a depiction of the Stele of Revealing, the symbol of the dawn of Crowley's New Aeon in which the old world is destroyed by fire, the attribution of Air is unintelligable to me.

The Hermetic Tarot by Dowson does attribute Uranus to Judgement, perhaps conflicing with the other attribution of Shin/Fire, which is the closest thing I can think of to what your implying. Crowley also includes a stylized version of the Libra glyph on his card, referring to the Airy-Aeon, which will occur after the current one finishes (a couple thousand years off still).

Yygdrasilian said:
By drawing a little line through the triangle of the element symbol (changing it from Air to Fire) you are lighting the "Secret Fire" in his deck.

I'm afraid this one is a bit beyond me also. Do you mean by erasing the line from the Air triangle you create a Fire triangle?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/kachina2012/FOURRoyalStarsFOURElementsfromPhilo.jpg

Yygdrasilian

Crown Jewels

similia said:
Could you please refer us to the place where Crowley attributes the Aeon card to Air? I can't recall any GD based deck, including Crowley as referencing anything but "Judgment=Shin = Fire" Given that the Aeon card is a depiction of the Stele of Revealing, the symbol of the dawn of Crowley's New Aeon in which the old world is destroyed by fire, the attribution of Air is unintelligable to me.

The alchemical symbol for Air is on the 20:AEON card itself. Down at the bottom next to the title.
You can see all four alchemical glyphs for the elements on 4 DISKS : Power

Air : upper right turret
Water : upper left turret
Fire : lower left turret
Earth : lower right turret

These are not my elemental attributions, but are established symbols of the corpus hermeticum. I don't know the edition of the deck in my possession, but I expect it is the same as any readily available from any mainstream commercial portal dealing in divination tools.

The element of Earth has no corresponding Trump as it is the element of our foundation, Malkuth (The Kingdom), where every monarch reigns supreme once Crowned.

In The Book of Thoth (1st Weiser paperback edition, 12th printing 1986), Crowley's description of 20:AEON (pgs.115-116) addresses the old card, "called The Angel: or, The Last Judgement" - a messenger blowing a trumpet beneath whom 3 dead rise from their graves, "The central one had his hands raised with right angles at the elbows and shoulders, so as to form the letter Shin, which refers to Fire." He kept the attribution for his design, placing the letter at the feet of "Hru, who is the great angel set over the Tarot."

This unfinished glyph is not a printer's error, but is rather part of a tradition amongst alchemists to always leave out a simple piece of their diagrams that any Initiate would know how to correct. Crowley left a few. But like this one they serve a specific function.

The genius of the other flaws, however, only makes sense when you know how to organize the Tarot into its 9 Constellations and then deduce what sequence they fit in.

Apples Anyone?
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=108025

Grigori

Yygdrasilian said:
The alchemical symbol for Air is on the 20:AEON card itself. Down at the bottom next to the title.
You can see all four alchemical glyphs for the elements on 4 DISKS : Power

Air : upper right turret
Fire : lower left turret

These are not my elemental attributions, but are established symbols of the corpus hermeticum.

I'm afraid these are in fact your own attributions. The upward triangle is not the symbol of Air as you are arguing, it is the symbol of Fire. The symbol on the Aeon card is the upward triangle of Fire as illustrated on the image I linked to, and as illustrated in any GD/Crowley derived publication. An Air glyph would also include the horizontal line, as I alluded to in the previous post. It seems you have these two symbols mixed up.

On the 4 of Disks the correct attributions are:
Fire: upper right turret
Air : lower left turret

I'm not posting this to be argumentative, your discovery/theory may well me fascinating and useful and I'd like to hear more about it, though not in this thread as its quite off topic here. But for the benefit of those new to studying the Crowley/GD system, your post is misleading on a fundamental level. You may be supposing that the glyph as published in every other work is incorrect or a blind, or some variation on the exchange between Air/Fire which is common in magic and tarot (should Fire be wands or swords, is it Arial or Aral etc..) But the correct attributions in the context of the Crowley deck is very clear. Fire = Wands = Upwards Pointing Triangle = Shin = Aeon. (where = shows a sympathetic relationship, and not an exact correlation)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Alchemical_symbols

Yygdrasilian

mea culpa

Many thanks for correcting my incorecction. Now I know why I've been feeling so air-headed.

You enlighten me.

And, you enlighten my Tree.

y=g

Tzadkiel

Thelemic Tetragrammaton

Hello everybody,

if YOD ist HADIT, than HE could be a representation of NUIT. Even the form of the letter suggests Our Lady of the Stars kneeling. Remember: HE is THE STAR = NUIT.
What about VAU than? Is it Ra-HOOR-KHUIT, the priest and initiator of the New Aeon (as Atu V, The Hierophant)?

Tzadkiel

Aeon418

There are various ways in which the Thelemic pantheon can be mapped onto the tetragrammaton.

One way could be:

Yod - Hadit

Heh - Nuit

Vau - Ra-Hoor-Khuit

Heh-final - Hoor-paar-kraat

But in some ways RHK & HPK can be seen as active and passive aspects of Vau. But in another sense HPK could be seen as relating to Yod.

In fact it's possible to attribute one (or more) of the Thelemic deities to all the letters of the Hebrew alphabet.