very ill-dignified 'Virtue'

BrightEye

...how can it be read? I drew this card flanked by two water cards, which in my system would make the 3 Wands very ill-dignified. But I am at a loss as to what it might mean. I somehow don't think it would be 'vice'. Anyone?

anubis777

Hello,
I thought i would give you some an interpretation of the 3/wands. First off is is the Sun in Aries which is special b/c the Sun is exalted in Aries meaning that the Sun is the strongest in the sign of Aries when it enters it in the begining of spring. The Sun is the strongest planet & of course the element of fire, Aries is also a fire sign so together they are very very strong & put off tremendous heat that can burn up anything in it's path. Also Aries is the first of the zodiac signs & represents the begining of spring, Aries is also impulsive & very head strong the actions are very fast & quick movement is always made by Aries. Now you could look at this card as the successful begining to something new such as a business or business partnership or an artistic project invoving more than one person. You can also interpret this card as someone who is very active & filled with energy as well as someone who is self centered, thinking that the Sun onlys shines on them. This card also has to do with growth on all levels & a great financial begining. Things are going to move ahead very quickly with tremendous fiery energy. Ok hope this helps.........
P.S If you buy the book by Michael Snuffin "The Thoth Companion" it will help you understand so many things.

Grigori

I think you would find all the qualities that anubis described manifesting in a more negative way. Rather then being an initiator, you would see someone who jumps in blindly and starts things just for the sake of it, with no intention/ability to carry through. Rather than energetic and dynamic, you could see belligerence and rashness. At its worse you may see explosions of temper, even raging.

Aeon418

The Virtue symbolised by the 3 of Wands is very active and creative. It has nothing in common with modern day (Christian) meanings of virtue, where it is considered "virtuous" to refrain from certain actions. No, this virtue in it's older and more positive sense. It's very much the "can do" card.

With it being surrounded by water it may indicate that your drive to do something is being effected by the natural tendency of water to pull everything down to it's own level. There's no movement, or no desire for movement. And soo you're fires of active virtue are in danger of being snuffed out unless you act.

thorhammer

I've seen the Lord of Virtue ill-dignified in spreads before as signifying homophobia or perhaps a case of unrecognised homosexuality, particularly male. I mean no disrespect to gay males here, please understand that - it's just that the Lord of Virtue is an overwhelmingly "masculine" card and to have its masculinity tempered by all that water does suggest homosexuality.

$0.02

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
it's just that the Lord of Virtue is an overwhelmingly "masculine" card
I would have said that about the 2 of Wands, but not the 3. The 3 of Wands is masculine-force being channeled into a feminine-formative matrix.

I suppose the "child" of this union of force and form is a positive creation. But it still doesn't have the strong all maleness of the 2 of Wands.

BrightEye

Aeon418 said:
The Virtue symbolised by the 3 of Wands is very active and creative. It has nothing in common with modern day (Christian) meanings of virtue, where it is considered "virtuous" to refrain from certain actions. No, this virtue in it's older and more positive sense. It's very much the "can do" card.

With it being surrounded by water it may indicate that your drive to do something is being effected by the natural tendency of water to pull everything down to it's own level. There's no movement, or no desire for movement. And soo you're fires of active virtue are in danger of being snuffed out unless you act.
I think this might be it! Thanks. The card came up for a woman. Whereas unrecognized homosexuality might be in the picture, it's not with regard to male homosexuality. At least I don't think so, although maybe there's something I'm not aware of???