The Book of the Law Study Group 2.14

ravenest

The first part, to me, indicates a change of tac or direction. We have been given certain info and now THAT shrine is closed. The chapter is about to move on to other 'delicious' issues (like in 21 . . . wait for it! :laugh: ).

Grigori

This line reminds me of Crowley's comments on the Priestess. The idea of the light concealing her rather than revealing.

She is clothed only in the luminous veil of light. It is important for high initiation to regard Light not as the perfect manifestation of the Eternal Spirit, but rather as the veil which hides that Spirit It does so all the more effectively because of its incomparably dazzling brilliance. [The tradition of the best schools of Hindu mysticism has a precise parallelism. The final obstacle to full Enlightenment is exactly this Vision of Formless Effulgence]. Thus she is light and the body of light. She is the truth behind the veil of light. She is the soul of light. Upon her knees is the bow of Artemis, which is also a musical instrument, for she is huntress, and hunts by enchantment.

Also the path of Gimel leading through the veil as depicted in the RWS Priestess.

Aeon418

similia said:
This line reminds me of Crowley's comments on the Priestess. The idea of the light concealing her rather than revealing.
We can't see the inner mystery because the brilliant radiance of LVX is blinding. In the previous verses the mystery was revealed. We got a quick glimpse of THAT which is at the centre of being. But now the veil has been drawn across the shrine once more.

The High Priestess represents the "source of all". But we can't see the source, because the source lies at the centre. The source itself is the knower of all.
This light is the mentruum of manifestation, the goddess Nuith, the possibility of Form. This first and most spiritual manifestation of the feminine takes to itself a masculine correlative, by formulating in itself any geometrical point from which to contemplate possibility.
The "geometrical point" within Nuit is Hadit. The same point that lies at the centre of all being.
Because thou wast the knower, and me.

thorhammer

It seems to be suggesting that, as Aeon said, we saw a little of it, just enough to give us some context or direction, but now we are being given to know that we are not ready. There is more to do and we must be immolated before we come again to the soul of light.

\m/ Kat