The Book of the Law Study Group 2.15

Aeon418

No bites yet? :laugh:

For I am perfect, being Not;

Hadit is Nuit. They are two opposite and complimentary expressions of one thing, No-thing.

and my number is nine by the fools; but with the just I am eight,

These number puzzles are open to many different interpretations. There may well be a primary interpretation, but other interpretations are possible due to it's vague and open ended nature.

First off it mentions the "fools" and the "just". Aleph, Lamed ? Or are we to take them in there more straight forward sence?
The "fools" may mean the unborn. Those who are still unaware of their true nature. They only experience Hadit in his lowest manifestation, sexual energy, which corresponds to 9 - Yesod.
The "just" may be those who have made an inner Adjustment. Where the normal man or woman merely "earths" their energy through sex, the "just" can redistribute this energy through their nervous system (8-Hod). In this sense they complete the circuit within themselves and adjust the 9 to 8.

It's interesting to note that the number 8 is a looped (divided) 0 and also the symbol of infinity. In chapter 1 the number 8 was one of Nuit's Nothing numbers (8 80 418)

9 is Teth - 419, and that number certainly has a connection to Hadit as the Serpent force, Kundalini. On the other hand 8 is Cheth - 418 - ABRAHADABRA. The One, Had, within the 8.

and one in eight: Which is vital, for I am none indeed.

One in Eight? 414 - Ain Soph Aur

To me the word vital sticks out. Transliterated into Hebrew it is 56, the number of Nuit.

The Empress and the King are not of me; for there is a further secret.

A reference to the Tarot cards. The Empress and the Emperor (King) are not symbolic of Hadit. But you'll have to wait until the next verse to find out who and why. :laugh:

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
The "fools" may mean the unborn. Those who are still unaware of their true nature. They only experience Hadit in his lowest manifestation, sexual energy, which corresponds to 9 - Yesod.

This is something I have yet to understand. Why does enlightened constantly refer to unenlightened as fools? It seems cynical or Shakespearian to me. Especially in light of concepts such as Frater Achad's in Liber Thirty-One

September 26th 1918 E.V.
I have been making further considerations of this Holy Mystery of the
Silent Breath and it is very wonderful to think how whenever one breathes
silently, one is pronouncing that True and Ineffable Name. Every living creature,
is then by reason of their Nature worshipping the True God, whatever
their opinion may be. Also note that neither Wisdom nor Understanding is
essential to this. It IS and as long as we live we must perform this operation at
least during sleep. And it is written: "He giveth Himself unto His Beloved in
sleep."

Also

Eschelman said:
Throughout this work, “fools” (a word that tends to show in Kether verses such as this one) has consistently had its common meaning, much more so than acting as an allusion to Aleph.

I can see how this would be a Magus verse, being verse 15. But I am unclear what makes it a Kether verse, and what about Kether would insinuate the common?

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
This is something I have yet to understand. Why does enlightened constantly refer to unenlightened as fools? It seems cynical or Shakespearian to me. Especially in light of concepts such as Frater Achad's in Liber Thirty-One

More so if we consider the idea of the Fool as the enlightened devine one. The Fool of God etc...

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
This is something I have yet to understand. Why does enlightened constantly refer to unenlightened as fools? It seems cynical or Shakespearian to me.
Which Tarot card would you pick to symbolise unrealised potential, unexpressed possiblities, the journey still at it's beginning, or the spiritual unborn babe?

(A)Fool = Harpocrates. The silent self, latent potential within humanity.

(L)Just (Adjustment) lies between Tiphareth(Ra) and Geburah(Hoor).

Always Wondering

I would pick The Fool. I am not trying to argue with anyone.
I rather liked this.

Aeon418 said:
The "just" may be those who have made an inner Adjustment. Where the normal man or woman merely "earths" their energy through sex, the "just" can redistribute this energy through their nervous system (8-Hod). In this sense they complete the circuit within themselves and adjust the 9 to 8

It reminded me of the Middle Pillar and Paul Foster Case's Symbolism Of Numbers, all at once.

I am trying to understand the difference between the "common" definition of The Fool and Aleph. Is not The Fool always a reference to Aleph, even if unaware?

Nor am I attempting to be politicaly correct, or compassionate, (unless maybe to myself) :laugh:
I am just trying to get a grip on the whole disdainful relationship with ego thing.
If that makes sense.

In that case Mr. T fits right in. ;)

AW

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
(L)Just (Adjustment) lies between Tiphareth(Ra) and Geburah(Hoor).

This is intresting. Tiphareth, Ra and Geburah, Hoor. What have I missed?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I am trying to understand the difference between the "common" definition of The Fool and Aleph. Is not The Fool always a reference to Aleph, even if unaware?
The Fool can be a reference to Aleph, but it is dependent on the level of interpretation. Remember earlier in this study how one particular use of "Fool" was used to indicate that Crowley was both an idiot and an high grade initiate. A contradiction? Or different levels of interpretation?
Always Wondering said:
I am just trying to get a grip on the whole disdainful relationship with ego thing.
Thou hast no right but to do thy will. ;)

Hadit is very disdainful of the ego, when it doesn't do it's job. The ego is an experience gathering tool. It's supposed to pull our Chariot according to our Will. If you look at Atu VII you'll see a well trained ego-complex in the shape of the four elemental kerubs. They look like they are ready to pull that chariot anywhere the Charioteer wants to go. Most of us aren't so lucky though. Our kerubs, through habit and learned behaviour patterns, like doing their own thing. And even though the Charioteer urges them on, they don't go very far or even pull in the wrong direction. :rolleyes:
Always Wondering said:
This is intresting. Tiphareth, Ra and Geburah, Hoor. What have I missed?
Ra-Hoor-Khuit the god of War and Vengeance. War (The Tower) tears down old worn out structures. Vengeance rebalances the scales. The counter-balance used on these scales is always Geburah. Take a look at the the four 5's to see the "bad tasting medicine" for all your elemental ailments.

Is you Fire not hot enough? A dose of the 5 of Wands will sort you right out.
Is your water too clingy and won't let things go? The 5 of Cups is purification for the soul.
Does your Air think it knows it all? Well the 5 of Swords is gonna burst it's bubble.
And does your Earth sit around all day. The 5 of Disks knows where to put it's boot. :laugh:

There's a lot of this medicine in Chapter 3. ;)