RWS Knockoffs?

Stark Raven

Here's a few. I took more but can honestly NOT claim to be a great photographer by any standards. Most of them were tossed, lol. But here's enough to give you an idea. The front of the box looks just like the card backs. And when I pulled them out, I noticed a correction is in order. They are not thick at all, it's just that hey have a cardboardy feel to them. Of course, the middle one is the card back.

011.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

Can you see them or are they private yet?

gregory

I can see them. WOW they are BRIGHT :bugeyed: I rather like them ! Thanks.

Stark Raven

I can see them. WOW they are BRIGHT :bugeyed: I rather like them ! Thanks.

Thanks gregory! I bought them from a seller in Thailand. They have a rustic look and a few of the cards are slightly blurry, but to me that gives them a rustic and grounded feel. I rather like them too!

Stark Raven

The deck images posted by Rodney have such nice crisp printing. I wonder if Urania has nice cardstock. Anyone know?

gregory

They are now part of Konigsfurt, and the decks I have of theirs are nice quality, IMHO.

rwcarter

Here's a few. I took more but can honestly NOT claim to be a great photographer by any standards. Most of them were tossed, lol. But here's enough to give you an idea. The front of the box looks just like the card backs. And when I pulled them out, I noticed a correction is in order. They are not thick at all, it's just that hey have a cardboardy feel to them. Of course, the middle one is the card back.

011.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

Can you see them or are they private yet?
I have that deck! Haven't used it yet, so haven't noticed any powder when shuffling the cards.

Stark Raven

I have that deck! Haven't used it yet, so haven't noticed any powder when shuffling the cards.

I have now shuffled it a few times and am glad to say that it no longer produces powder. Now that I have handled it a bit I believe that the problem stems from the way they are cut. There are little tiny tabs on them if you look close. That's where the powder was coming from. Now that I have sanded them down and shuffled them a number of times, that isn't happening anymore!

Yayyy! What do you think of the deck Rodney?

Even given that some of the cards show weak printing quality, I still like it a lot. But then again, many historical prints of the genuine RWS had flaws too, albeit not as strong as this, but still... it is quaint in its rusticity to me.