The Lover's Path by Kris Waldherr

FoxFire50

Lover's Path Tarot by Kris Waldherr

I just received Kris Waldherr's newsletter (she is the author/artist of the gorgeous Goddess Tarot) and she has a new deck coming out in October called the Lover's Path Tarot. I wanted to give you this link so you can preview it - she has posted an excellent sampling of cards and the digital quality is excellent:

http://www.artandwords.com/giftworks/lp/lpset.html

Nancy in Texas

SongDeva

I've been waiting for this for over a year.
It was originally supposed to come out in February
I believe. Thanks for posting!

tao51

I feel

This deck will fill that niche for those who are searching for a deck mainly about love.--Tao

Fulgour

The Lover's Path by Kris Waldherr

A limited edition of The Lover's Path Tarot deck and book set
will be available October 2004:

click here to follow the lover's path...

Welcome to The Lover's Path portion of my website! Currently under development, The Lover's Path Tarot was inspired by a novel I'm writing and illustrating, also entitled The Lover's Path. This novel, in turn, was inspired by a trip I took to Venice, as well as the history, art and design of Renaissance Italy.

Hence, The Lover's Path's home upon the web takes the form of a virtual museum, which I've named the Museo di Palazzo Filomela, or the Palace of the Nightingale. Within this museum of the imagination, you can explore the many facets of my newest -- and what I hope will be my most excitingly beautiful -- project to date.

The Lover's Path offers a journey where wisdom may be gained by daring to love another. It incorporates myths and stories about famous lovers from the ages, ranging from Dante and Beatrice to Cupid and Psyche; from Isis and Osiris to Danae and Zeus; and many others.

The Lover's Path Tarot will be published in Fall 2004 by US Games Systems, the publisher of The Goddess Tarot. Whether you seek to improve a love relationship, or yearn to nurture your relationship with yourself, The Lover’s Path Tarot's main tenet is that all love relationships mirror our relationship with ourselves.

My novel, The Lover's Path, will be published in Fall 2005 by Harry Abrams Books. Set in Renaissance Italy, The Lover's Path interweaves myth, art and more as it unfolds the compellingly romantic story of a young woman's emotional journey

Between now and publication time, there's a lot of work before me for both projects. I'll be posting my progress upon this site, both with words and art.

To keep up-to-date, visit my online journal. Experience The Lover's Path by taking a look at the art finished so far, consulting the online oracle, or by sending an e-card. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your visit to the Museo!

Kris Waldherr

[ posted as FYI ONLY and NOT an advertisement ~ Fulgour ]

Fulgour

Re: If anyone is interested....

Hello Kris,

My wife and I have been following along and were happily
discussing the latest news today, kept informed by your
waiting list updates. The Lover's Path Tarot was her wish
gift for this year ~ though I don't think a "do not open 'til"
tag will keep it waiting long enough to even place it there
beneath the tree... You'll be hearing from me (us) soon.
Interested? We're ecstatic! Congratulations, once again.

Sincerely,
Fulgour
  • :)

Sulis

Quick moddie note to say that the 2 threads on The Lovers Path Tarot have now been merged :)

Love

Sulis xx
co-moderator - Tarot Decks

artandwords

not sure if this is the best place to post this....

I posted this also under tarot deck creation, but noticed the thread here.

I wanted to let everyone know that US Games has come out with a deck-alone version of my Lover's Path Tarot (which they've titled The Lover's Path Tarot premier edition). It is packaged in an oversize gift box with a custom spread, full tarot deck and LWB -- for a deck-alone edition, I think they did a very nice job!

I've posted an image of it at http://www.artandwords.com/about/images/lptpremier1.jpg . (I'm afraid this isn't the greatest digital photograph, but it gives a sense of how they've packaged it.) Also, not sure if I mentioned this, but my novel, The Lover's Path, came out earlier this year from Abrams Books. Within it, a tarot reading plays an important role in the plot, as does reproductions of antique love letters and more. The book has these three dimensional elements tipped into it, making the novel a uniquely interactive experience. I've posted excerpts and photos of at on the lover's path website at http://www.loverspath.com .

And yet more news: I've started a tarot-only website to showcase my decks as well as my friend Lisa Hunt's at http://www.tarotgoddess.com . It offers more complex free online readings (celtic cross, past-present-future, etc.) then available on the lovers path and goddess tarot sites. While online tarot readings have more in common with a magic eight ball than a "real" tarot reading with a sensitive human, I hope the site is helpful nonetheless!

Otherwise, all is well here. I'm currently working on a new non-tarot deck and a new illustrated book. The tenth anniversary edition of The Book of Goddesses will be released by Abrams this fall. My little baby goddess, Thea Delphine, recently turned one year old and is just adorable. We are blessed.

cheers,
kris waldherr