OOP tarot decks you MOST want to make a comeback or unpublished deck you'd like publi

cSpaceDiva

Le Tarot Ambre

katey

would be kinda nice to see re-published !

to go w/ my (new to me) Merryday Tarot deck. (yay!!)

Omg yes!! This so much! I love this deck but it would be so good to be able to delve into it more deeply! :thumbsup:

Nemia

Roots of Asia is available in German as Wurzeln Asiens, at a normal price.

I repeat myself, sorry, but maybe it helps someone who really wants to have one of these decks for their art but can't afford to pay high prices for oop decks and don't want to wait for re-publication. I bought the original Mythic (Delphisches Tarot) and Roots of Asia (Wurzeln Asiens) in German, and Word Spirit in Spanish.

stellar4

Besides my previous wants, I would love to see Royal Fez reprinted; standard, gilt edged and/or mini doesnt matter which, I would definitely be buying (probably one of each!!).
I can't understand how or why such a wonderful deck ever went OOP, the demand for it never seems to have gone away - so how about it Mr Kaplan? You would be making an awful lot of people very happy and have something that would undoubtably sell...

And one to pester Lo Scarebo for - Tarot of the Origins.

Le Fanu

I agree, Stellar4

Royal Fez Morocco is the one that comes to mind - always - when the conversation turns to OOP decks. Moreso than the Greenwood or the other biggies. Other OOP decks can be tied to fashions and fads and there's an understandable argument for not having something in print again. But the Royal Fez is so brazenly RWS that it is readable and acccessible in any period.

I think it should be in print - and I speak as one who has (I think) five copies (or maybe more) in different boxes + one sans box for using. The date on it is 1957 so I wonder about copyright. Maybe MENSA hold it. Who knows.

But I think it's one of those decks that the drip-drip-drip of demand will eventually filter through and it will have its turn in 10 years or so perhaps.

FaintlyMacabre

would be kinda nice to see re-published !

to go w/ my (new to me) Merryday Tarot deck. (yay!!)

I have the book for the Merryday. Skipping the numerology, it is really very short but the deck has worked well for me. Isn't the book available now?

No matter what I might like think I read with, the beat up boxes tell me what I really have used.

IHeartRescues

Faintly Macabre ...

I have the book for the Merryday. Skipping the numerology, it is really very short but the deck has worked well for me. Isn't the book available now?

No matter what I might like think I read with, the beat up boxes tell me what I really have used.

The booklet is no longer being published, but is available on Amazon for $222.00 US !

I read elsewhere that yes, the numerology is the basis (and her own to boot), but that the book really does help w/ additional symbols in her busy artwork. I have never seen this deck in person tho, so I won't know til it shows up. So take good care of that book!

And glad to hear you find the cards usable. I hope they will work for me as well. The cardstock looks very thin online though (?)

IHeartRescues

Hi katey! Merryday booklet

So you REALLY like this deck? Mine is in the mail so I am only hoping I will connect to it. It just came up on my radar and I ordered it the same day, so I am trembling a little on such an impulse buy....but it was very reasonably priced so I jumped!

I read that the booklet probably won't be published again due to lack of funding, etc.

So does this have a LWB??

DavidMcCann

The Egipcios Kier tarot and Clive Barret's Norse tarot, both of which are very sought after second-hand. I have the Norse, but my Kier is the recent Spanish pirated version with changed colours and transposed titles on trumps 21 and 22.

FaintlyMacabre

Merryday

The cardstock for the Merryday is thin but it seems to have held up reasonably well for me and I riffle shuffle. The black edges show some wear.

There is no LWB but there is a folded card, called "The Four Seasons and You," Somebody else can likely explain this better. Instead of Pages, there are Elementals and the Aces are Dragons. There are a couple of oddball cards. The Tower is one I think. The Major Arcana is listed on the back but one or two word meanings.