The Mind Reader

Glass Owl

SweetAsRoses said:
The interesting thing about this spread is that when I do a few times in a row, I can see the persons subconscious thoughts or feelings move into one of the conscious areas. And then if I do another spread, such as a celtic cross, I can see the same cards show up there too. It really is quite interesting, please let me know if any of you get results like that.
This spread is proving to be so insightful, and on so many levels. You can really see this when you start comparing readings. It is really cool to see the progression when you use this spread over a period of time. I have been using a slightly different version of this spread.

1. What do I need to know regarding x's last subconscious thought about me?
2. What do I need to know regarding x's last subsconscious feelings towards me?
3. What do I need to know regarding x's last conscious thoughts about me?
4. What I need to know regarding x's last conscious feelings towards me?
5. Why is this so? What is influencing this?
6. What should I do? (Advice)

A few days after my first reading with this spread, I did another and the subconscious thoughts (Knave of Cups) moved into the conscious thoughts position.

For both of these readings, the Tower showed up as the bottom card. The Tower has shown up in other spreads regarding this person so that really didn't surprise me -- in fact, I also tweaked this spread for this person's specific reaction to a past event for a third reading (although it would have proceeded the others time line-wise) and the Tower jumped out of the deck while I was shuffling for that reading too.

I also have made note of majors that are showing up too and seen an interesting progression in those.

The Stars, The Moon
The Wheel
The World, Empress

LadyKathryn

forgive me faux pau and my bad manners

Sorry.. desperation took my manners and my head away. Forgive me everyone. I'm sorry if i stepped on any toes.

tabi

LadyKathryn said:
Sorry.. desperation took my manners and my head away. Forgive me everyone. I'm sorry if i stepped on any toes.

I'm sure someone can help you in the Reading Forum. ;)

SweetAsRoses, I rather like the spread, I don't find it all that unethical actually I don't think it is at all. It is something we would ask in different forms and questions to begin with this is just more geared to a blunt answer. However I do like the person's twist of asking what they (the reader/sitter) needs to know to help the situation. That being said I would NOT use this for someone who is unfamiliar with how tarot works and the importance of free will. Then again, I doubt I would read for anyone who doesn't understand the basic idea of free will.

Glass Owl

Here is yet another version of this spread that I came up with a few weeks ago and I have been using it since...

1-4--7
2-5--8
3-6--9

1. What do I need to know regarding x's last subconscious thought about me?
2. What do I need to know regarding x's last conscious thought about me?
3. What was X's last considered action because of these thoughts?

4. What do I need to know regarding x's last subconscious feelings towards me?
5. What I need to know regarding x's last conscious feelings towards me?
6. What was X's last considered action because of these feelings?

7. What is currently influencing x's relationship with me?
8. What direction is my relationship with x currently heading?
9. What should I do? (Advice)

ElaineH

It doesn't really matter whether the querent touches the cards or not - it's just a personal thing. In fact you don't even need the cards, or anything else, unless you feel better using something for 'focussing' with. The divination/magic is in you, not the objects you use.

Bee :)

YES!
I've been reading this thread and am thinking the same thing.