The Devil

a_shikhs

Today I was sitting at a coffee shop with a friend. I was just going through her Thoth Tarot (which was amazing) and asked what will happen in a few mins. And got the Devil card. We couldnt really figure out the meaning and started talking about something else.

Then after a few mins, this old friend of mine walks up towards me with another friend of hers. I know both of them really well but havent been much in touch with them because this friend gives me a lot of negative vibes.

Coming back to the topic, could the Devil here signify meeting 2 people??

Maybe this doesnt really make sense but just curious to know. thanks. :)

star-lover

i don't know if thats what it could mean but i'd definitely say it represented the negative vibe you get from that person

a_shikhs

It could refer to meeting two negative people. ;)

star-lover

a_shikhs said:
It could refer to meeting two negative people. ;)

yes indeed because on the card picture is two people chained and the devil seems to control them but not against their free will

Eddie

devil

I have always had problems with this card.One thing i do know and that is that it always represents restrictions of some kind depending on the question.In this case maybe the arrival of this person halted the flow of your meeting with your friend as you dont much care for her companyI also think that the devil has connections with human vices,shortcomings,that sort of thing.Therefore you should question why it is you feel this way.Is it you being uncharitable or are you picking up psychicly the negativeness in her personality.
Some food for thought,any other ideas out there?.

Sophie

Remember the Thoth Devil is not necessarily negative - he's just very very powerful, physical, randy and male. I mean - Alisteir Crowley identified with that card ;)

Sheri

I think it could mean that you both allowed yourselves to be influenced by these other people. I think The Devil in that case could have been represented as both of them (acting as one) to take control over you and your friend ~ even if it was only for a short time. Interrupting your conversation was a way of controlling you both. Of course, just my HO! :D

Wow...the Thoth ROCKS!

a_shikhs

Eddie said:
In this case maybe the arrival of this person halted the flow of your meeting with your friend as you dont much care for her companyI also think that the devil has connections with human vices,shortcomings,that sort of thing.Therefore you should question why it is you feel this way.Is it you being uncharitable or are you picking up psychicly the negativeness in her personality.
Some food for thought,any other ideas out there?.

Well I just bumped into her at the cafe and yes there was a halt in the flow of my meeting with another friend. She was the last person on my mind and I regretted bumping into her. She is a highly negative and a boring person who loves talking about herself only. Maybe I was pschically picking up her -ve personality.:)

valeria said:
I think it could mean that you both allowed yourselves to be influenced by these other people. I think The Devil in that case could have been represented as both of them (acting as one) to take control over you and your friend ~ even if it was only for a short time. Interrupting your conversation was a way of controlling you both. Of course, just my HO!

Yeah, they both just couldnt stop talking and it sounded so naturally fake. I was actually waiting for them to leave but they kept on and on. Interesting. :)

valeria said:
Wow...the Thoth ROCKS!

It definately does.. :thumbsup: I was quite surprised myself to see such a powerful deck. And now it is highly on my wishlist too and I just can't stop thinking about it.. :( ;)

Al Si'ra

It could definitely mean meeting 2 people..whenever Lovers pops up in my readings..i casually run into people who i love and the devil could as well point to such coincidences..

:love:
xx

Celcius

I think both you and your friend did not want to see her. There was no polite way to excuse her.