"Golden Shadow Spread" from "Tarot Celebrations"

DeLani

Hi gang,
I wanted to share a GREAT spread that I use, that I got from a GREAT book: "Tarot Celebrations" by Geraldine Amaral and Nancy Brady Cunningham. It focuses on using the Tarot as a tool for empowerment and growth, and has a chapter for each major arcana, listing the card's gifts to you and a ritual you can do to access those gifts. It's really a great book; I highly recommend it.
The spread itself is fairly simple: To find where your "golden shadow" or higest potential, is, you first shuffle the cards (asking: "Where do my highest potentials and abilities reside?") and cut them into four piles: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual. Then you search to see which pile has The Sun. That realm is where your higest potential lies.
Then shuffle just that pile and lay out three cards:
1. What aids me in developing my highest potential?
2. What hinders me in developing my highest potential?
3. A possible outcome once you have formed and developed your higest potential.
I found this to be a very helpful spread.
Blessed Be,
DeLani

Thirteen

Oh, I *LIKE* this one very much. Good find!

DeLani

Diana (02 Mar, 2002 05:08):
DeLani, am I correct in understanding that they suggest to use only the major arcana?

I don't think so - even though the book is only about the majors, I'm pretty sure the spreads are for the whole deck.
DeLani

kayne

I really like spreads that have 'unusual' ways of selecting the cards and I really like this idea of splitting the deck and choosing the pile that has the sun in it. Very good :)

I often find myself adapting spreads to contain a more interesting way of selecting the cards. A bit gimmicky I know...

Rhiannon

Copied, pasted, printed and hereby added to my repertoire. This looks really cool. Can't wait to try it! Thanks DeLani!

Rhiannon :)

joya250

oh DeLani, I just have to say, I am SO happy that you like that book. :) It was co-written by one of my mother's best friends. Nancy Brady Cunningham is a very talented and special woman. I am so glad you have found and are enjoying this book. :) - joy

EnglishRose

DeLani, thank you for posting this spread, i'm really looking forward to trying this one out. :D

Flavio

DeLani: Thank you for sharing, I've a question:

Once we found The Sun, shall we put it back in the pile it was and then shuffle, or shall we shuffle without The Sun card (as if it were a Significator)

AureBouie

This spread is really interesting, and it seemed pretty spot on, I'm only a little confused by the second card I drew. I wonder how the Page Of Wands can be an indicator for what's holding me back in reaching my potential? The first and third cards I drew are, respectively, The World and The Chariot. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Aure