what cards are your LEAST favorite to see?

DimSum

Good Afternoon,
I am new to this forum and very happy to be here, and have read so many good posts on wonderful topics.

What are the cards you absolutely HATE to see come up in your spreads? What are your LEAST favorite cards to see come up? And why, if you also care to share that. Let's keep the list to 3 cards (or 5 if you must). I'll start:

XVIII MOON - because for me it's so often about me deceiving myself and not being grounded in reality

XV DEVIL - generally points to unhealthy areas of relationship for me that include oppression, humiliation, demeaning situations that i would rather not own up to

3 Swords - because it's the heartbreak card

10 Swords - because that's the card that usually signifies to me something is past the point of no return and I need to walk away from it

I am looking forward to your responses!

Hopefully this is posted in the right area, please move it moderators if it needs to go elsewhere. Thank you!

memries

I guess some of the pip cards. I always have to convince myself of their meaning over and over. The Knight of Cups in The Fey Tarot. He is sitting on a lobster coming out of the sea. It just never is clear to me although I understand it represents the subconcious, etc.

3 of Swords... physical and/or mental pain.

Wonderwoman

3 of Swords

Three of Swords, 7 of Swords, The HangedMan, Death, 10 of Swords, 5 of cups, I always cringe when i see any of these cards.

DimSum

Wonderwoman said:
Three of Swords, 7 of Swords, The HangedMan, Death, 10 of Swords, 5 of cups, I always cringe when i see any of these cards.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on the 5 of cups, too, but I LOVE the Hanged Man isn't that funny!

Gavriela

Wheel of Fortune. Whenever it turns up for me, it's invariably the 'oh s$#%' card.

Penny Dreadfuls

5 of Cups, 3 of Pentacles, Justice and 5 of Wands.

brenmck

Five of Pentacles (RWS).
Why am I being thrown out, and who is this person dragging me along?
Just a very puzzling, disturbing card.

~B~

celticnoodle

I'm with Gavriela. I detest the Wheel of Fortune card. I don't know why, but I just don't like it, and when it comes up, I just can't seem to figure out how to read it. I don't even think it's a pretty card to look at. It's just an awful card! I'd almost much rather there was no picture at all, just the words "world of fortune"! :laugh: I dislike that card more then I've ever disliked the court cards. And, they are a close second to my most detested cards to read.

I never quite knew how to read court cards--are they people or are they things about to happen for the querent? Now, I almost exclusively read them as people in the querents life, or as the querent themselves. I only 'see' them as something other then a person when it is so obviously that, (depending on how they fall in the spread and the question posed by the querent).

no_moon

7 swords-- I forgot something somewhere (ugh, annoying!), or someone's going to mess with my property. I've had it show up for vandalism a few times and that was really not pleasant.

5 pent-- I associate it with friends ignoring me and/or financial difficulties.

5 cups-- Yeah yeah yeah, I know that sometimes things don't go the way I want them to and I'm moping, but I don't need my cards to tell me that, LOL.

3 swords-- Because when I see this card repeatedly it usually means I'm about to get a migraine... :(

I also don't like seeing 7 cups and the Moon in a spread for communication. It's meant that things would be superduper confusing and difficult to talk with whoever I was asking about. Almost as if we are speaking in alternate universes!!

Penny Dreadfuls

no_moon said:
5 cups-- Yeah yeah yeah, I know that sometimes things don't go the way I want them to and I'm moping, but I don't need my cards to tell me that, LOL.

I know the feeling! :laugh: That's why I hate seeing it to when I'm reading for myself. It's the wallow card, and I hate being reminded I'm wallowing, and that mood or state is so hard to get out of!