View Single Post
Citizen

Penthasilia 
Maat tarot IDS

Card/Number: 8 of Swords/15

Card Image: see attached

First Impression: Wow! Love this version of the 8 of swords! For once, a card that addresses a fundamental truth- the person who binds us most, is ourselves.

Card Description: A naked young woman kneels between 8 swords. She is holding an American flag over her face and head, the bottom of the flag pooling on the floor around her, pierced by the swords. The star of the flag rests on her face, a poor substitute to the real starry night that surrounds her, with a galaxy of light shimmering above her head.

Masculine/Feminine/Neutral: neutral

Colors: black, red, white and blue

Senses: The cloth darkens all around you, muffling the noises of the atmosphere. You smell the stale air that has been trapped inside and taste your own tears and fear as you sit, hiding from the unknown. You feel helpless, trapped.

Symbols: star on the flag, covered face, swords, stars and galaxy in the sky

Story (intuitive): I sigh deeply as I hear the young woman's quiet sobs. I walk quietly over to her, and gently touch her shoulder, speaking to her in a low voice to keep from startling her. "Let me help you." She cries softly, barely audible, "I am trapped.". I look at the young woman, and tell her gently, "No, you are not trapped. All you have to do is let go of the flag, you will see yourself then that you can go free.". But she doesn't hear my words, and sits there crying softly. "Why won't she let it go? Doesn't she realize that she is binding herself?" I ask softly. I hear footsteps behind me, a quiet voice follows, "It is not that easy for her love", my trickster consort replies, "And don't be a hypocrite, it was not that long ago that you yourself sat in the same spot, suffocating yourself with your own flag.". I nod thoughtfully, he is right. There is no shame in it, just a sad remembrance. And I feel sorry for the girl and hope that soon she is able to lift her blindfold, as I did. And suddenly I was reminded of a very wise man I had once heard speak of the tragic deaths and parallels of Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain, prompting him to write a song in their eulogy. He had told of how sometimes life becomes too overwhelming, and all you see is a black hole of despair. The hole grows, bigger and more massive, until it overtakes you- drowning out your vision of other possibilities and life, blindfolding you to what is truly there. You escape by whatever means that you can, whatever lifeline you have left- and for some, that is death. How to remove the blindfold, how to escape the black hole- he asked, only through love. And this prompted the lyrics to his song...

I stay driven cause there's nowhere to park,
I can't shut my eyes, I'm afraid of the Dark,
I lie awake, that stone left me chilled to the bone,
sound the alarm before it's done, find Jim Morrison.

Come away to Paris, let him see another day.
Let him fade out slowly, only fools burn away,
let a true love show him what a heart can become.
Somebody find Jim Morrison, find Jim Morrison's grave.

I get weary, Lord I don't understand,
how does a seed get strangled in the heart of a man?
And the music covers like an evening mist,
like a watch still ticking on a dead man's wrist.
Tick away.......

I look to my lover and see the compassion in his eyes. Neither of us know what choice she will make, but we hold hope that it will be the one best for her and that one day she will pull down the blindfold, and see the stars around her. We walk away, hand in hand, knowing that only she can remove it. But I leave with the knowledge that, at some point, we will all be kneeling there. I was there, and ripped the blindfold away. If you have not been there yet- someday you will be, and the true question becomes- what will you do?.

Astrologic: week of the new moon in Sagittarius. Planetary ruler: Jupiter.

Element: fire

Keywords: imprisonment, trapped, held back

Meanings: a person who is trapped, maybe brainwashed, or disconnected from their inner self. Being overwhelmed.

Quote: "You hold the keys to your own prison, and conversely, to your own freedom."

****Song: Jim Morrison's Grave by Steve Taylor- to hear more: http://youtu.be/lLW-Pr-y8qA
Attached Images

Top   #9