View Single Post
Citizen

Penthasilia 
Maat tarot IDS

Card/number: 10 of Wands/22

Card Image: see attached

First Impression: You do not get an overt sense of "oppression" from this card, but rather a vision or work/responsibility and a healthy respect for the benefits gained from it.

Description: a figure in a red cape is walking in a snowy field, a bundle of firewood carried on the back, yet still walking strong and upright.

Colors: white, brown, red

Senses: chilled snowflakes hit your face and touch your tongue in their sweetness. The wind is blowing gently through the trees, their soft music singing in your ears.

Symbols: carrying a load, winter

Story (intuitive): I smile. Funny how things work. I have been busy preparing for an upcoming trip and have been so tasked that I did not want to take the time to sit down and to my deck study today. How did this happen? How did something that I looked forward to as "my time", my meditation time, turn into a chore? As I ask this to myself, the figure in the red cloak turns toward me, an aged woman with wise eyes twinkling with humor, standing tall as if the weight of the wood on her back has no effect. "It is YOUR work- no more, no less. You can view it as a burden and suffer under it, OR you can view it as a responsibility that will enable you to grow in wisdom and rejoice in it. The work is the same, only your outlook changes, don't forget. So, tell me child, which outlook will help feed your soul?". She winks, smiles and turns, walking steadily home, her head held high and spirit shining bright. Well, there you have it! I see the choice she has made, and I make my own, and smiling turn and walk away, back to finish my work.

Astrologic: week of the new moon in Capricorn, planetary ruler: Saturn

Element: air

Keywords: work, oppression, responsibility

Meanings: work- that can act as a burden that you carry, obscuring your life view

Quote: "The work remains the same, it is only your outlook on it that changes."
Attached Images

Top   #5