View Single Post
Citizen

greycats 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayla
We know the 8 represents the solid base, but it appears to represent a base build on the intellect of surpression, misconception and false fear.
Yes, it's a pretty good trap. I nearly fell into it, myself. The 8's are a good base, but good for what? In this case they're good for hemming someone in.

Quote:
The presence of the flag envokes thoughts of politics and current policy, and makes it difficult to ignore the political congitation of this card. So....
The presence of the flag and the blood, etc. can cause you to react without thinking. You can get cut that way, or you might hurt somebody else. (The keyword for this lunar cycle is "think")

Quote:
The bloody swords, stabbing the flag, could represent the attack imposed on a belief system...and the woman (goddess, feminine, mother) sits exposed to it, but tries to turn a blind eye by hiding behind the blue...she is horrified to watch it unfold, but has no power to stop it...
I never thought of looking at the card that way. I guess I saw too many Vietnam protest demonstrations during the Sixties & Seventies. But I like it. It's a new take on an old interpretation of the arcana which places responsibility not on the woman (she's the victim) but on outside factors. You're extending the range of interpretation, which I think is always good.

Quote:
So yes, 'as above, so below' or even 'do unto other as you would have them do unto you'.
Indeed! It also relates the 8 Swords, a minor arcana, to Strength, which is the major arcana influencing this lunar cycle. (There's a thread on Strength as well) The astrological influence is Gemini, so there are a lot of pairs.

Quote:
To really put this card in perspective, Greycat really hit on something...it's about survival..and and really speaks to me about taking caution when 'exposing or imposing' ones own truth on others without taking the blinders off ones own eyes first to ensure you fully understand the impact which may unfold.

This card really invokes emotion in me and takes me all over the map so to speak when it comes to interpretation...a powerful and challenging card.

Good studying..G.
Thanks! I like this card, too. I could write about it forever. In fact, I almost did.
Top   #3