bird - sign, what does it mean?

JONIKA

Hi
I would like to ask for your opinion. This evening, I was packing for my trip when a little bird flew into the closed window and landed on the windowsill from the outside. The bird didn't fly away, instead he kept charging the window (as if trying to get inside) when I tried to look at it. This went on for the whole time of my packing. When I was about ready to leave the room, the bird flew away.

How would you interpret this sign, if it is a sign??

Thank you for help!
Jonika

SloughSister

If the bird were pecking at or clawing at the window, I would interpret this literally and biologically rather than symbolically - birds, especially small perching birds, will often see their reflections in windows and will attack their "enemy" - more so if it is nesting season or they are a very territorial species. I regularly have berry-splatters on one window at one of my work buildings from a female cardinal who hurls herself, beak-first, into the same window every day. I actually find it quite upsetting. This can be cured by sticking the outline of a hawk or falcon in the window but I am not allowed to this at this work building. Grrrr.

YDM42

What kind of bird was it? I had a blue jay do that once, it was reminding me to lock the window and that I had not paid the cable bill...blue jays...procrastination....

I would have to know what type of bird it was.

Milfoil

JONIKA said:
Hi
I would like to ask for your opinion. This evening, I was packing for my trip when a little bird flew into the closed window and landed on the windowsill from the outside. The bird didn't fly away, instead he kept charging the window (as if trying to get inside) when I tried to look at it. This went on for the whole time of my packing. When I was about ready to leave the room, the bird flew away.

How would you interpret this sign, if it is a sign??

Thank you for help!
Jonika

Purely as a metaphor for a message, are you continually trying to go somewhere but never quite seem to make it, like banging your head against the wall or 'hitting the glass ceiling'? Directly before a journey it could mean frustrating delays where you can see where you need to be but are prevented from getting there.

Just a few thoughts.

BodhiSeed

I saw one attacking someone's sideview mirror on their car the other day, over and over. Birds often do this on any reflective surface, especially during the spring and early summer. They don't realize the image is not real. For this reason, symbolically I would say you are worrying or fighting something that appears real but really isn't.

celticnoodle

luckily it did not get inside your home completely, as that is unfortunately bad news.

it is true that birds will see their reflection and go after 'that bird' or sometimes, they don't realize it is a window and may see some plants or something that is attracting them, thus try to fly to it.

in your case, having the bird perched on your window sill like that, I'd agree with Milfoil that it is a message coming to you. further, as Milfoil indicated, since he seemed to not get through, it indicates delay in the message -- perhaps relating to delays in your travel occurring.

Gia

When a bird flies in your house, it means death. That it was kept out by the glass or it's own stupidity is a sign that the universe, your angels or other good forces are in place to protect you!

natalie8

I'm with Milfoil and celtic on this. Birds are messenger, especially doves or similar birds. I get this quite often, one or two doves will come to my balcony and just sit there and chatter away.

It's really nice. So take it as that.

NikkiB

Gia said:
When a bird flies in your house, it means death. That it was kept out by the glass or it's own stupidity is a sign that the universe, your angels or other good forces are in place to protect you!

oh dear i have big barn doors and have birds fly in regualy :eek: