View Single Post
Citizen

olivia1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane
Since I have questions about reading with, and the style, of the BG, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

For those of us who will be getting our first BG and do not have a companion book, I thought those who already have a BG, with, or without, a companion book, might be kind enough to share some of their thoughts.

I know we all read differently, some more intuitively, some following a system, some using a combination. The BG is unique though, so was just wondering others thoughts who have been reading with it awhile. RWS system useful? Companion book important? LWB suffice?
I think the companion book is *very* important because there are little details in the stories behind the cards that really add a whole other layer to the card meanings.For example: reading the story behind the 2 of Wands really gave it a whole new meaning for me (this information was not found in the LWB,though, only in the book and not something I would have picked up by relying on the RWS meanings). But like you said: we all read differently.

Also, different things interest us! So, even though I personally find the companion book to be "a must have" (since I feel it really gives you the ultimate experience with the deck to get to know who the characters "are") others will likely disagree and say its not necessary. In the end, though, companion book or not, if you work with the deck enough then you will probably start to make your own meanings.
Top   #9