Have You Made Your Own Oracle?

Pumpkin

I've been thinking about making my own oracle. Maybe using those glass flat marbles or collage.

How did you put yours together?

If you can, would you post a pic. I seem to get more motivated when I see other works.

Sheri

Hi Pumpkin!

I have been thinking about making my own Tree Oracle using my own photographs as a basis. I haven't started yet, because it has been rainy and dark here. I am still working out exactly what I want to do. I have thought about incorporating leaves and pieces of bark or things from the tree as well.

Remember, when you create an oracle, YOU are the real oracle, so whatever you decide to do will be perfect :D

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hugs :)

valeria

ana luisa

Hi Pumpkin,

I also wanted to create an Oracle but because my time is quite limited, I used Zannamarie´s idea and created an oracle from a bag of playmobil objects. It´s quite accurate and fun, too. And you wouldn´t believe how many messages you can get from a plastic miniature querosene lamp! My point is, make your oracle with something that pleases you and that does not require too much work so it becomes a burden...

levannah60

Hi! Yes, I've started making my own deck, one card at a time...what I do, is measure and cut out little cards from folders, and do the backs of them in a chosen design...from there, I illustrate the cards from my own ideas and stories...I've thirteen cards so far. They are personal, and I don't intend to ever publish them. I've no set limit either....its' pretty much based on what comes out...but I'd definitly term it an oracle deck. Have allready used it a few times, and it's suprisingly accurate for me, cause it's personal, and I really understand the themes and what I write about. I keep them in a folded envolope, and tied with a string. I carry them with me at all times. I'm not much of an artist either, but I find that if I let myself work from the soul, things turn out just fine. SO that's my story.

Little Hare

I'd Love to do one based on Australia and its lanscapes and animals. At this stage in my life though i don't have much to do anything else besides placement and uni ;)

Good luck with yours!

zannamarie

You can make an oracle out of pretty much anything.

I began reading animal crackers a while back. I pulled cookies from the bag and dropped them and then read them. (see thread here ).

I've got some stones from a nearby lake I'd like to use but I'm still figuring out how I'd like to read them.

You might do some searches on Lithomancy. Chronata created an oracle with stones she drops onto a predesigned spreadcloth she made. There are some other interesting ideas in the thread where she explains it.

Pumpkin

Thanks everyone. I need to think about all this and get my creative juices going.

Acacia

I have an oracle that consists of a bag full of charms, the sort you find in the bead store. I must have 30 different charms by now. reach in to the bag, pull out a charm or two and let the intuitive juices flow for the message.

euripides

ana luisa said:
Hi Pumpkin,

I also wanted to create an Oracle but because my time is quite limited, I used Zannamarie´s idea and created an oracle from a bag of playmobil objects. It´s quite accurate and fun, too. And you wouldn´t believe how many messages you can get from a plastic miniature querosene lamp! My point is, make your oracle with something that pleases you and that does not require too much work so it becomes a burden...

OMG I totally love this idea!!!! There's another thread on here somewhere we were talking about an oracle with Patton (ie the General) cards and miniature figures etc.... I'm going to have to raid my daughter's Barbie accessories. Ooh the Bratz have a nice middle-eastern lantern...

Chronata

I have made a couple of oracles...crowstones, dreamstones...as well as several just straight lithomancy sets. I have been working on card sets too!

one is an Augury pack...cards with drawings of birds for divination.

I am trying to decide if I should make two different packs within one..one for the different birds and what they stand for..and one with directions of flight, eating habits and nesting habits. That way I can take a card from each pack, and put them together...as a real Augury Diviner would when interpreting bird habits!

I also am in the pocess of making a God/Goddess deck...with a God card and a corresponding Goddess card that matches the same energy, and keyword.

A kind of male/female, inner/outer duality deck.

this project stalled for the moment...because of too many other things I wanna do!

And I have another oracle...which is just silly phrases based loosely on the concept behind the Morgan's tarot. Only less drug induced! LOL!