astrology study group ~ aries

isthmus nekoi

Today is the spring equinox (when day and night have an equal span), the starting day for the sign of Aries. In the coming weeks, we'll be covering Aries, Mars and the 1st house and how this energy functions in your natal chart. Don't be afraid to write too much, as Aries is the most ego based sign...

If you've just joined us, the study group began in Oct with the sign of Scorpio. For all relevant threads, please refer to the index:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=12481

I apologize, but I am going to submit my own analysis uncharacteristically late. I promise I'll post something later.

Umbrae

For an excellent “Classic Aries” chart, look at mine.

April 3, 1954
Portland Or
5:32 AM PST (adjusted) 13:32 GMT
45N31 122W40

Enjoy.

scorpio

Yes im in the right place lol! i have a singleton jupiter in aries in the western hemisphere and three planets in the first house includings mars. So it is impossible for me to shop except in the middle of the night cause i cant stand in lines, cant drive slow, and when im extremely tired people say " wow i wish i had your energy" Aries is on the cusp of the sixth (i eat fast too) so im into alternative medicine and nobody can tell me what to do in this area and i 'pioneer' for people to use these methods for their pets too.

isthmus nekoi

nice to see some new faces here ^_^

Thanks for offering your birthdata, Umbrae. I'll post it to our astro.com account so everyone can have a look!

scorpio, Jupiter in Aries I'd imagine to be very enthusiastic and energized, everything in a big way :p. Unless other factors intervene, you may like to lead others in the house Mars is in as well as the 6th.

(My own analysis is coming!)

Minderwiz

Unfortunately Mars, ruling Aries (Greek Ares) is the God of War and I don't think that its any coincidence that this year Mars takes over the rulership of the Sun by exhibiting the Assertive, Aggressive and War-like side of his nature.

Hopefully we will also be able to witness the courageous and valient side and the side that fights for a just cause.

Also remember that even if Aries is not your Sun sign it is quite possible that you have planets or other significant points in Aries so check your charts!

I don't have any planets in Aries, however my daughter (Sun sign Taurus) has Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars all in Aries - they are all in loose conjunction spreading from about 2 degrees Aries (Venus) through Mercury and Mars (7 and 14 degrees) to the Moon at 22 degrees. As a child she really did assert herself refusing to crawl and wanting to walk from around 6 months.

As she has grown older (she's coming up to 24) her Taurus Sun and Virgo Ascendant have become much more noticable - but underneath the steely assertiveness is still there. Thinking just of the Taurus Sun and Virgo Ascendant the underlying power would not suggest itself, which is one of the reasons why you should never go be Sun sign alone.

Moongold

I don't have any planets in Aries either, so will be fairly quiet during this month.

My 4th House is in Aries and the 4th house seems to be mainly about home and family, Aries is about independence? I became independent as soon as I could. In those days we left home at 18 at the very latest! It has also been suggested in this forum at one stage (I think) that the 4th House is also the house of the Mother.

Relating to Minderwiz' comment that other areas of the chart may offer action and balance where there seems to be a vacuum, my issues around Mother per se have tended to be acted out in other parts of my chart,

Progressed Venus is sitting in Aries but I'm not sure what that means and there is enough happening elsewhere to keep me preoccupied.

Moongold

CrystalRainbow

Aries

Hi :)

I have my Sun and Mars in Aries (2nd House), my Asc is Pisces and my Moon is in Cancer(4th House).

When I was younger I was very prone to emotional outbursts and suffered foot in mouth disease badly. Thank goodness I was able to tame that with age. BUT, because of my Asc and Moon being in very watery emotional signs I am forever feeling torn in two directions. One is to confront and the other is to run and hide.

I liken my self to a marshmallow over a campfire. Crunchy on the outside and squishy on the inside. I am a loyal friend and always there to fight for those who can't fight for themselves. I'm very intuitive and resourceful. Stubborn too. Definitely not scared to 'have a go' at new things.

My birth details are: 3.15am 18 April 1964
Adelaide South Australia 34S55 138E35

I haven't been able to get into astro.com for ages :( something to do with my browser I think.

Crystal Rainbow

isthmus nekoi

>I haven't been able to get into astro.com for ages.

That is unfortunate! Which browser are you using?

isthmus nekoi

finally! Apologies for the delay

My Mars is in 1st, conj my Aqu ASC. Aries cusps my 3rd house. Hence the lengthy posts about myself :D

Mars conj ASC gives me a lot of Aries characteristics that emphasizes a lot of themes in my chart: esp w/Sag moon, I'm passionate, brash, egocentric, aggressive and I can come off as quite arrogant as I don't believe in false modesty ;) But I'm not into hubris; the idea that you're untouchable doesn't sit well w/a Cappy sun w/ chart ruler Saturn (Aqu ASC). Mars egocentrism is tempered by group oriented Aqu and Venus/Nept conj in 11th.

Mars energy is mostly channeled into intellect/debate (Aries cusping 3rd), technology (w/the sextile to Uran exalted in Scorp), and emotions/psychology (aspects to 3 planets in 8th house, Uran water singleton). Mars in 1st might indicate physical strength, but I'm not into sports or any kind of thrill seeking. Generally, I'm not very impulsive, although I am decisive. I also am not very competitive w/others - I like to stay out of other ppl's business, but others do best to stay out of my way b/c my autonomy is paramount. I do drive a speedy red car though, which is pretty stereotypical!!

isthmus nekoi

on natal aspects to mars

Mars is a singleton (only planet below horizon) in mutual reception/sextile w/ (water singleton) Uran, so they're like this forceful duo. Looks like my career (Uran conj MC) is going to have to be one that gives me *a lot* of freedom!!

I think Mars conj ASC works well w/a Cap sun as it is exalt in Cap. Mars drive is channeled into Saturnian structure. Mars also trines Librian Sat/Jup which emphasizes this relation, giving it an airy vibe. Saturnian hard work is coupled w/Jupiter's optimism; works well w/a Cappy student. b/c Sat/Jup are in 8th (co-ruled by Mars), Scorpian concerns (death, sex, regeneration) play a major part in my life.

Mars is square Pluto, both are accidently dignified in their house placements (1st/8th respectively). I find the angular aspect of the square overrules the fact the planets are in trining signs (Aqu/Libra). I think this placement holds a lot of energy and should be handled w/care! Mars projecting into 1st makes me come off like I'm totally fearless. Ppl are often simultaneously attracted/repelled by this aspect of me (pun intended!). Actually, I'm very scared of a lot of things that come up, but fear and pain just aren't good enough to deter me! But now that I'm older, I tend to be more cautious/patient w/these things.