Tarot Stamps

Barefoot Fool

Does anyone here own tarot stamps?

I really like what this person has put together:
http://patricksullivandesign.com/Tarot-Box
His presentation is beautiful.

You can get a full set of 78 rubber tarot stamps on eBay, I know not where else,
which is what I was looking for when I found his project.
Does anyone here own them?
If so, what do you like to use them for?

baylys

That's sooooo cool!! I want one!!!

Theta Choir

That...is absolutely amazing. And as a decorative piece, it's beautiful even *before* you take into account the art of the tarot stamps themselves.

Thank you so much for sharing this!

EDIT: I didn't even know that tarot stamps even existed. Now I went and found the set on ebay you mentioned, and I'm full of "want". My wallet, however, is not full of *anything*.

Thanks a lot! LOL! :)

Lizzie7

Wow! That is truly an inspiring piece of art...gorgeous, functional, unique....and tarot! Thanks for sharing that link....amazing!
Lizzie

Kgirl

These are absolutely exquisite! I love the website too!

shadowdancer

wow, that was a labour of love - they are stunning. I love how they are all unmarked on the rear. I would enjoy using them for reading with -you could stamp the cards and then hand it to the client to take away. A bit more by way of service, over and above a regular reading.

I saw the small ones on ebay, but not sure how you would use them? They look very tiny, and cutting them from that sheet would be hard I am guessing? If anyone has them and has used them, a heads up would be great :)

Davina

Debra

This is brilliant. This is the kind of thing we should be looking at--real depth.
He did it as his thesis project for the Cooper Union.
For many years, a famous Cooper Union instructor offered a year-long design course focused on tarot. I know that one of our AT members got hooked on tarot while taking that course.

GryffinSong

That is totally amazing!

OnePotato

Very nice work.

This is brilliant. This is the kind of thing we should be looking at--real depth.
He did it as his thesis project for the Cooper Union.
For many years, a famous Cooper Union instructor offered a year-long design course focused on tarot. I know that one of our AT members got hooked on tarot while taking that course.

Yes, that would be Arthur Corwin's "Math in Art" course.
Not really a design course, but more like a combination of History, Mythology, Practical Structure and Visual Language.
Kaplan mentions him in one of his Encyclopedias.
He retired several years ago, so I don't think that course has influenced this guy's project.

Milfoil

Love this artwork, form and function!

Shuffling should be interesting. ;)