Tower as someone behavior towards a relationship

kuguinha

What do you think? Do you think that someone wants to destroy the other?

Biba28

kuguinha said:

I've had it come up to mean anger and frustration before. Someone boiling over. That could be because the other person isn't giving aswell as taking or isn't being authentic. It's Mars energy (and therefore Aries or Scorpio I presume). It could also mean one person wanting to shock another for some reason.

nisaba

I had a relationship once where the whole relationship could be characterised by the Tower card. My then-partner was well, intentioned at least at the start, but was a complete chaos-magnet.

Dvirgo

Fed up aggrevated, things keep adding up until it will all blow

bluecaffeine

Maybe the relationship seems stable from outside, but it needs just a little bit (a wrong word i.e.) and all breaks down.

Sar

kuguinha said:

No, but they are no good for each other.

Elendil

As the card is supposed to represent 'BEHAVIOUR towards a relationship' as opposed to the relationship itself, I would suggest that this person is testing the relationship to its limits, rocking its foundations and pushing (if not exceeding) the boundaries...

WalesWoman

I think the person finds themselves feeling limited, a prisoner even and wants out. I like the "testing" boundaries idea too. Maybe they don't want out of the relationship totally, but don't want to be limited by it, maybe they just want to shake it out of it's stuckness and rebuild it better.

lilnurse89

breaking things, ruining things, kind of throwing things out the window. The tower card can be a situation that is natural, like as if a tornado or a big fire ruined land and homes, etc., or it can be of our own doing, such as ruining a relationship. I'd take this as someone who is ruining the relationship. I'd draw another card and ask what their feelings are in the relationship and what their feelings are about themselves. Maybe they're so insecure with themselves they can't handle the relationship.

SirRushing

I see it as destroying the status quo of the relationship. For example, you have a man that it totally dominating the relationship, telling his wife what she can and can't do, but he doesn't want his wife to tell him what to do. Maybe the wife, who refuse to divorce him, believes that she is in love with him, is tired of being her husband's doormat over the years. Then one day she snaps and can't take being told what to do and be controlled. She instead of being tolerant, she screams at him, cusses him out and threatens to divorce him, if he doesn't change his ways. She refuses to go with the status quo of the relationship by defying him.

Maybe he told her what foods she should cook for him every night, maybe one night she decides to stop allowing her self be treated like a cook at restaurant taking orders from a customer, but instead decides for the first time in her life fix a meal that she wants to eat that maybe he doesn't like.

Tower is a complete "F*ck you, I ain't taking this no more." in a relationship that has happened overnight out of the blue. Not a slowly change in a relationship. But a huge drastic change.

The change can be totally chaotic, since is so new all of the sudden. Again, out of the "blue".