Sheridan-Douglas Tarot: new printing

Lee

I just read news from Dan Pelletier that there will be a new printing of the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot. (That link shows the black and white drawings from the book. Tarot Garden has scans from the actual deck, which is colored).

I learned about it from the Tarot for Life newsletter, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.tarotforlife.com/newsletter01.html

Thank you, Dan, for the news! I look forward to being able to order this deck.

-- Lee

truelighth

That is wonderful news indeed. This is one of my favorite decks. My only concern now is.. it is only a rumor or will they really reprint it for sure?

Umbrae

According to that Dan guy - the reprint is for real. Seems as though there has been communication with A. Douglas himself.

Lee

Very cool! :)

-- Lee

jackdaw*

Ooh ... sounds intriguing! I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Rusty Neon

That's great news. Thanks for the heads-up! While various other decks from the 1960s and 1970s can be obtained for an OK price on the secondary market, the Sheridan-Douglas is much higher priced than I can justify paying for my purposes.

Fulgour

Umbrae said:
Seems as though there has been communication
with A. Douglas himself.
This is exciting news ~ I've just gotten all three books
by Alfred Douglas (that I know of) and have also been
trying to find out what he's doing anymore these days.
(My searches on the internet have been unsuccessful).

How to Consult the I Ching
The Tarot
ESP Extra Sensory Powers

Nice hardcovers too, with dust jackets. Very special...
I hope that maybe we will hear from Mr. Douglas here!

baba-prague

Umbrae said:
According to that Dan guy - the reprint is for real. Seems as though there has been communication with A. Douglas himself.

Aw, I don't know if you can trust this Dan guy - I mean, does anyone even know who he is? ;-)

It's great news and I am in the queue for this deck and jostling!

Edited to add - I was relieved to hear that it will be printed in colour. It's one of those strange pieces that, to my taste, is just quite ordinary in black and white, but in colour has a very evocative seventies feel that's like nothing else. Bright, flat colour, that's what I hope for in this printing.

Fulgour

:) "How to Consult The I Ching" by Alfred Douglas
is also (dramatically) illustrated by David Sheridan.

In fact the dedication of the book says:
To Jo Sheridan

gregory

baba-prague said:
Aw, I don't know if you can trust this Dan guy - I mean, does anyone even know who he is? ;-)
He's that guy who keeps smoking in non-smoking areas.....

I hope the colour is bright too - and given the discussion about variations in printings - I shall be very interested to see how it matches mine !