The Ankh Spread?

LeahG

Hi Everyone,

In the spreads section of my book "The Crowley Tarot" by Hajo Banzhaf, there is a spread titled The Ankh, it is used for assessing the prospects and/or reasons behind a certain situation you are in.

The positions are described as:

1 & 2: Current impluses, energies
3: Early causes
4: Triggering causes
5: Higher perception
6: Necessary Conclusions

Then under the assumption that the perception has taken place and the conclusions are drawn....

7: The next step
8: Suprising experiences
9: The Result.

I don't know if it is described anywhere else, I haven't seen it before.

What I would like to know is, has anyone used this spread before and what do they think of it?

I tried it last night, and the suprising experiences card was most definately suprising!!!!

Thanks

Strega

I haven't tried this spread yet. I'd like to though.

Would you mind posting the positions? :)

Thanks...

LeahG

Strega said:
I haven't tried this spread yet. I'd like to though.

Would you mind posting the positions? :)

Thanks...

Okay,

Cards one and two lay sideways, not upright.

Hope it makes sense :)

Sullanciri2002

interesting

I've been working for a few months on a good ANkh-spread, but always got stuck here or there: either the spread was to specific in the meaning/interrelation of certain positions ... or, when I tweaked it, became to vague. I'll try to see if I can incorporate some of this, and possibly post the result of a combination.
Any more info on the meaning of positions 5 & 6 ???

catlin

This is a spread mostly promoted by H. Banzhaf. In fact, in all his books are the same spreads printed.

Strega

Thanks, Kitty! I'll try this spread later. :)

starfish66

I also want to thank Kitty for posting this spread :) I look forward to trying it out.

:TJUDG Starfish

Sullanciri2002

am I the only one ...

... who thinks this spread is just too close to the celtic cross to be considered different from that classic ?

LeahG

Re: interesting

Sullanciri2002 said:

Any more info on the meaning of positions 5 & 6 ???

No unfortunately, and they are the two positions I was hoping others could shed some light on. The 'higher perception' position I'm not understanding very well.

The 'necessary conclusions' position is an event or situation that has just occurred.

The spread is meant to be used in a time of conflict, crisis etc, to help you see why an event or situation has occured and what will follow next. If you are wanting to know why something has occured you would focus on the cards at the top of the spread and how they lead to the current situation. If you are wanting to know your prospects, you would look at the past, understand why you are in the situation and then look at what can happen next.

Hope that helps

mooncat2

Hi all,

More info wanted on positions 5 & 6. This is what I have.

5 . Higher perception - shows what we know to be the truth in our higher awareness.

6. Necessary conclusions - shows what events had inevitably to transpire based upon the attitudes prevalent in the previous five cards. In most cases, the event this card portrays is readily apparent to us because it had a direct impact on our sphere of awareness.

Wordy, eh!