How do YOU read the Cagliostro Tarot?

pippi

My mother gave me this deck as a gift several months ago, and I haven't touched it since the first time I looked through it. The pips throw me off, as they look similar to the Marseilles, but have playing card attributes.

If you have this deck...

• Do you read this as a Marseilles?

• Do you read it like you would playing cards (cartomancy) - with Majors added?

• Or do you read it, giving the pips RWS attributes?

Obviously any deck can be read however you want to read it, I'm just curious what other folks have done with this deck. I haven't decided how to approach it yet.

♥ Thanks!!

Umbrae

The deck is based upon the works of Papus (Gérard Anaclet-Vincent Encausse) who was a proponent of the works of Lévi.

Qabalistic attributions are also based on Lévi, and the majors are numbered in the continental style.

The keywords follow Etteilla.

So how to read it? Like a Wirth deck…seriously…stop laughing…

Read it more like a Marseille and less like a WCS – read the minors like Etteilla and the majors like Wirth.

(I think the deck rocks).

pippi

Ah, I was hoping you'd show up here! You're the only one I've seen here who has mentioned regularly using this deck. Looks like I've got a bit of homework to do, as I'm not familiar with those systems.

Thanks so very much!!

6 Haunted Days

Thanks Umbrae, I've had this deck awhile....never sure exactly how to read with it....

I've read very little with non-scenic pips, so that does throw me off. I'm actually waiting for a copy of the USG Oswald Wirth (so gorgeous!), I'm going to use that to ease into the non-scenic pip readings...

Hey, would that Dan guy from TG know....is the Cagliostro OOP officially?

Umbrae

6 Haunted Days said:
Thanks Umbrae, I've had this deck awhile....never sure exactly how to read with it....

Hey, would that Dan guy from TG know....is the Cagliostro OOP officially?
Dan tells me that the Cagliostro is indeed OOP.

And we both agree, it's a great reading deck! And especially, as a 'carry' pocket deck.