The Moon as how someone feels for another

Miradeck

Generally, I would say M feels confused by their feelings for N. That could be because M never expected to have those feelings for N, but I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion.

Thanks rwcarter, this was what I had in mind when I did the reading.

The Moon could signify M's not being completely honest with themselves regarding their feelings for N, or maybe a past life experience (ie. emotional baggage) is colouring M's feelings towards N.

Potentially so, I guess there's an element of uncertainty. Thanks DJP.

Hi, I agree with rwcarter here, The Moon as feelings makes me think this person is still working out his/her own feelings towards the other person, as he/she is not sure of what kind they are yet.
I have the same inclination, thanks Elena.

The context and surrounding cards please
When the Moon appears, everything may not be as it seems.
Thanks Mystica. This was a 6-card reading done for 2 new colleagues partnering for the first time at work. The surrounding cards are cups and wands which kind of confuses me as both suites deal with passions and emotions. It could be that party M is more emotional and reflected as such. How M sees N is depicted by 4 of Cups, feelings as the Moon and action M will take 9 of Wands.

The Moon as representing one person's feelings for another, definitely indicates instability of some sort, with a strong sense of being lost and/or confused.

It could be that they don't fully trust the other person yet, and that they are being cautious with their feelings - walking in the dark, treading carefully.

Could it be trust then, since this is a new partnership, hence M is being cautious about this whole thing. Thanks Aeth, this is a good point for me.

I'm thinking The Moon would possibly mean that the feelings are unclear at this time. Also, they could be unsure exactly how they feel about the person right now. There are feelings, I would say, but those feelings have been pushed aside or perhaps even ignored. Some people do such because the feelings they've developed were unplanned/unexpected and they're not ready to deal with or sort out their feelings just yet. Maybe things are/have been going well between the two and the person avoiding the sorting out of feelings is afraid the relationship will change if they think about it too much or try to make "sense" of things for the lack of a better word.
Thanks MysticMoonlight, this actually makes a lot of sense in the current context as both M & N are working quite cohesively it seems and M seems to be quite cooperative at work so maybe the feelings part relates to trust and she is working that out slowly in the background while maintaining the positive work environment.

It greatly depends on the relationship the two people have.

It's not a card I like to see to be honest. Usually when it appears in my readings someone is having a hard time psychologically. But it can have lighter meanings too.

Hard time psychologically? How does that translate to feelings for another? Perhaps this might not be applicable for my current reading but thank you for sharing.

I got this card for my feelings for someone a while ago.
I was in love and I couldn't see things in a realistic way.

Hope it helps
Mary
Thanks Mary. I think party M is probably confused and has some trust issues, I might not want to jump to love conclusions at this stage as it seems a bit abrupt in the progression of a professional relationship. Thanks for sharing your experience though!

IndigoWaves

[...] maybe a past life experience (ie. emotional baggage) is colouring M's feelings towards N.
I was getting a similar impression of this Moon... But as though N reminds M of someone from a past relationship which was emotionally trying and left unresolved. M might not really be "seeing" N in that case, or particularly wanting to -- tending instead to view memory overlays of the other person, and behaving according to that lunar illusion. In other words, M's real focus/interest may lie in the previous connection, making this one a kind of surrogate that lets it be relived and potentially worked through, internally. There might not (yet) be any conscious awareness of this happening, either, if it is.

DJP

I was getting a similar impression of this Moon... But as though N reminds M of someone from a past relationship which was emotionally trying and left unresolved. M might not really be "seeing" N in that case, or particularly wanting to -- tending instead to view memory overlays of the other person, and behaving according to that lunar illusion. In other words, M's real focus/interest may lie in the previous connection, making this one a kind of surrogate that lets it be relived and potentially worked through, internally. There might not (yet) be any conscious awareness of this happening, either, if it is.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. But you've been far more articulate than I would have managed.

jenster

"Hard time psychologically? How does that translate to feelings for another? Perhaps this might not be applicable for my current reading but thank you for sharing."

Sliding into depression, giiving into obsession, detachment (not the good kind), maybe even substance abuse as a consequence of psychological strain triggered by these feelings for this person.

That is the absolute WORSE case scenario which might seem similar to The Devil but in my experience in that case excess, lust, gluttony are enjoyed and indulged in and aren't the byproduct of psychological strain but more akin to debauchery.

The Moon could be feelings that lead you to withdraw and obsess on reading the tarot for someone day after day after day.

Again, this is the worse possible scenario.

But at best The Moon for feelings has come up for situations where someone wasn't clear about them at all. Oddly for a major it doesn't signal something far off in time, but something current and not something that lasts very long either.

This is all just my experience and I'd take it with a grain of salt as no one seems to share such bleak views on The Moon as I do.

Miradeck

So does it mean the Moon usually deals with inner thoughts and emotions only? And such emotions are hardly carried to the surface?

Miradeck

Sliding into depression, giiving into obsession, detachment (not the good kind), maybe even substance abuse as a consequence of psychological strain triggered by these feelings for this person.

The Moon could be feelings that lead you to withdraw and obsess on reading the tarot for someone day after day after day.

Again, this is the worse possible scenario.

But at best The Moon for feelings has come up for situations where someone wasn't clear about them at all. Oddly for a major it doesn't signal something far off in time, but something current and not something that lasts very long either.

This is all just my experience and I'd take it with a grain of salt as no one seems to share such bleak views on The Moon as I do.

Thanks for sharing, though the party I'm reading for seems to be very positive and doesn't display such bleak scenarios.

IndigoWaves

So does it mean the Moon usually deals with inner thoughts and emotions only? And such emotions are hardly carried to the surface?
Deep, often dark emotions with a definite history are the Moon's focus, yes -- frequently stretching well back into the individual's past and at times completely buried because the original events are difficult to process... Which is why it tends to indicate compulsive behaviour, as well. Heightened disruption can occur as the memories begin to emerge and seek integration (aptly depicted by the RWS card, with its dog and wolf howling as a crawfish/lobster emerges from watery depths, etc.).

Those observing a Moon-driven person may never have an inkling of what's going on, either; concealment of disturbing inner landscapes and related effects doesn't dictate their power or existence.

Miradeck

Deep, often dark emotions with a definite history are the Moon's focus, yes -- frequently stretching well back into the individual's past and at times completely buried because the original events are difficult to process... Which is why it tends to indicate compulsive behaviour, as well. Heightened disruption can occur as the memories begin to emerge and seek integration (aptly depicted by the RWS card, with its dog and wolf howling as a crawfish/lobster emerges from watery depths, etc.).

Those observing a Moon-driven person may never have an inkling of what's going on, either; concealment of disturbing inner landscapes and related effects doesn't dictate their power or existence.

Interesting explanation. Thanks for sharing IndigoWaves. I'll have to observe subsequent readings to see how the emotions progress.

crystalrose

If these are new colleagues, then it could mean he or she doesn't know the other person well enough to form an opinion on them. Moon points to things that are unknown, hidden, or as yet to be revealed. And maybe the person also doesn't know if they can trust the other person just yet.

Miradeck

If these are new colleagues, then it could mean he or she doesn't know the other person well enough to form an opinion on them. Moon points to things that are unknown, hidden, or as yet to be revealed. And maybe the person also doesn't know if they can trust the other person just yet.

Yes I have the same inclination to read it this way, new relationship, still a fair amount of getting to know each other type of vibes, or collecting those observations and not sure what to make out of them yet. Thanks crystalrose.