Three of Wands(Reversed)

indigorainbows

Hi people in internet land...

Recently when I have been carding things I keep getting the three of wands(reversed) as an outcome. It doesn't matter what the question is--- I still get it.

I ask about me moving back to Chicago for college, I get it as an outcome....
I ask about my ex-fiance moving back after he (now has decided) that moving away and breaking up was a bad idea... i get it as an outcome...
I ask about moving at all in general, I get it as an outcome...
I ask about work and I get it as an outcome...
I ask about someone I used to know a long time ago and now I bearly talk with that person and I get it as an outcome.
Everything! I get this card now!

I usually only get a card repeating over and over again if I am not getting an important message.

It's like the cards are trying to drill something into my head and I am not getting it! I keep looking up the explanations of the three of wands reversed and I just don't feel satisfied with the interpretations. I feel like I am missing something important.

I keep getting some story about a message of love along with it as well... almost like the cards won't answer my question--- it just wants to drill some other important message out in the open... It's like "whatever you are asking isn't important... THIS is what is important!!" lol

Xara

*hmm*

Hi :)

Now, for this, I am looking up a book - Mary Greer's Complete Tarot Reversals.
In it, she says this:
The Three of Wands Rx indicates that you're having difficulty putting plans into action or that you are experiencing a creative block. You may feel daunted at having bitten off more than you can chew, and tasks could appear over-whelming. At one extreme, you display a lack of foresight characterised by rash activity that brings on exhaustion and mishaps. At the other extreme, you can have daydreams, hopes, and wishes that never get off the ground because you do not know where to begin or are afraid to take the risks.

There is more, but I won't post the whoe thing in here, it'll take most of the page if I do! :)

But does any of that sound familiar? It's hard to help when the rest of the Tarot reply isn't there with the other cards, positions, deck used etc.
Or was it just the one card you pulled out to answer each question?

--------------------------------
Blessings to you all.
Xara
na cuidbhle tionndaidh

p.s. Mercury Retrograde could be having an effect on the answers too, so you might want to ask again when that's over with - in a few days time I think ;)

balenciaga

indigorainbows said:
I keep getting some story about a message of love along with it as well... almost like the cards won't answer my question--- it just wants to drill some other important message out in the open... It's like "whatever you are asking isn't important... THIS is what is important!!" lol

Well then let that energy come through. Do not force what is weak to begin with, and I say this because your 3w is a reversal. Let the cards tell you what you need to know, with energies that are forceful and positive - upright cards. Rxs can be your own interior doubts anyway, and what use are those? Stop asking for a few days and allow "tarot to speak". You will benefit with the info.

Pook

Ok, 3 of wands is the waiting game after the decision you made with the 2.

Reversed would probably indicate that maybe the decision wasnt the best choice, or maybe that the decision wasnt yours, and now you're waiting for someone else to make up thier mind.

I think its also possible that you havent even made a decision besides maybe "Go with the flow and see where that leads." And as a result, your three doesnt know what its waiting for.

Thirteen

indigorainbows said:
Everything! I get this card now!
I always say this when people keep getting the same mystifying card: Ask the Deck what the message is.

First: shuffle the deck and break it into four piles. One to do with moving or big changes, one to do with your love life, one to do with work, and one to do with communications with others. Whichever one the 3/Wands come up in, that's the part of your life that the cards are screaming about. Are saying, "3/Wands rx! Pay attention! It doesn't matter what else you want to know about, you've got to know about this!"

So. Okay, now you've narrowed it down and you're listening. The deck wants you to pay attention to that ex-boyfriend or to work or whatever.

Now remove the card from the deck and set it down, reversed, on the table. Think up five questions you want to ask the tarot about this card. Like, if it seems to be primarily about moving and changes, then ask, "Why it is a bad idea for me to move?" and "If I stay where I am, what will happen?" and "Should I move somewhere else?" etc.

Shuffle the rest of the deck and place 5 cards around your 3/Wands rx. One to answer each question. Hope that helps you to find the answer!

indigorainbows

Pook said:
Ok, 3 of wands is the waiting game after the decision you made with the 2.

Reversed would probably indicate that maybe the decision wasnt the best choice, or maybe that the decision wasnt yours, and now you're waiting for someone else to make up thier mind.

I think its also possible that you havent even made a decision besides maybe "Go with the flow and see where that leads." And as a result, your three doesnt know what its waiting for.

Thanks everyone for your interpretations; it helped me a lot. I get what the card is trying to tell me now. When the person said the above: your three doesn't know what it's waiting for and the decision wasn't mine it kinda hit me that yes, it was about my ex.

I tried the idea that someone pointed out with splitting the deck, assigning a question to each and seeing where the 3ofWands(rx) pops up. Yep, it was about my ex.

I put the 3 of wands as a signifier/focus card in a celtic cross and looked at the spread..... the "your three doesn't know where to go" really rings true.

It was basically saying "hey your subconscious keeps putting him in your plans, stop it.... you keep blaming your self... STOP it.

You did what you could to save it and he kept dropping the ball--- even down to him moving away... he didn't even WANT to move away--- and he did anyway... you did what you could, but he keeps screwing up and it is up to him to fix it... so stop thinking about it...

so thanks you guys ^_^