10 of Pentacles , outcome of relationship

Wendyel

I've been with a guy on and off for a long time. Were having many problems right now, he's being manipulative because I've basically let him get away with things in the past. He thinks he can do things again and again because I'm always gonna be there. So I've become a lot stronger and I won't let that happen. I got a reading and the relationship outcome was the 10 of pentacles. There was a few swords because the reason we go through this over and over is because he has MANY issues and is a troubled soul. But I have always wanted to be with him (we are long distance), it's like a karmic lesson . The tarot reader that I always go to told me to be strong with him and don't be afraid to tell him what's what. She said she's always believed we have a future but he has a lot of problems to sort out and I need to strong and patient. Our outcome in spreads has always been positive no matter the situation.
Me and him are on no contact right now for the past 2 months. He texts me now and again to see if I'm still there. He texted me yesterday but I changed my attitude because I've always been nice. He texted me and I asked him what he wanted. He just replied "oh I texted the wrong person". So I just didn't answer. She told me to say "what do you want" but I feel like I shouldn't even reply now. I feel like even though she recommended me to say that, and I trust her, that maybe all my ex wanted was a response to know I'm still there.

What does the 10 of pentacles mean for an outcome?

PAMUYA

For me the 10 of Pentacles is a strong family tradition card. Reconnect with family/friends, taking this situation out of the spot light. It is time to move on with life. Give yourself the type of advice a loving mother would give. For me would be, move on, he is not "into you", you deserve better. 10's are also the ending of a phase, let it end.

LeFou

Somewhat literally, 10 of Coins shows financial self-sufficiency. Presumably you are not financially depending on him, you have made that part of your life "complete." You are well-established (or well enough to be independent).

So if he's not bringing Earth energy to the table, it asks the question, "So what -is- he bringing?" Is he bringing the romance and emotional support (Cups), clarity of thought and new ideas (Swords), a fiery enthusiasm and passion (Wands)?

nisaba

I've been with a guy on and off for a long time. Were having many problems right now, ...

What does the 10 of pentacles mean for an outcome?

When do you think the outcome will happen?

Some people think it's an outcome when the first kiss happens.

I don't think there's any such thing as an outcome in a relationship - they grow, change, develop and/or deteriorate over the years. There is a definite outcome if someone dies - then the relationship ends.

Other than that, even divorce isn't an outcome - if you have kids or property in common you still have to have something to do with each other so the relationship still goes on, it just changes its nature.

An outcome is a fixed ending. I see only the death of one or the other partner as a possible outcome - anything and everything else is just a part of the inside of the relationship as it continues beyond that point.

It makes more sense to ask how the relationship will go over a period of time, than to ask about an outcome. It could be many decades before either of you die!

Wendyel

When do you think the outcome will happen?

Some people think it's an outcome when the first kiss happens.

I don't think there's any such thing as an outcome in a relationship - they grow, change, develop and/or deteriorate over the years. There is a definite outcome if someone dies - then the relationship ends.

Other than that, even divorce isn't an outcome - if you have kids or property in common you still have to have something to do with each other so the relationship still goes on, it just changes its nature.

An outcome is a fixed ending. I see only the death of one or the other partner as a possible outcome - anything and everything else is just a part of the inside of the relationship as it continues beyond that point.

It makes more sense to ask how the relationship will go over a period of time, than to ask about an outcome. It could be many decades before either of you die!

I'm not sure what my tarot reader asked but I'm pretty sure it was a future card for us. She was looking at what was happening and then got the 10 if pentacles

Wendyel

Somewhat literally, 10 of Coins shows financial self-sufficiency. Presumably you are not financially depending on him, you have made that part of your life "complete." You are well-established (or well enough to be independent).

So if he's not bringing Earth energy to the table, it asks the question, "So what -is- he bringing?" Is he bringing the romance and emotional support (Cups), clarity of thought and new ideas (Swords), a fiery enthusiasm and passion (Wands)?

He's not bringing anything. Just a lot of emotional stress and I let him by responding to him. Right now, I dislike him very much.

Wendyel

For me the 10 of Pentacles is a strong family tradition card. Reconnect with family/friends, taking this situation out of the spot light. It is time to move on with life. Give yourself the type of advice a loving mother would give. For me would be, move on, he is not "into you", you deserve better. 10's are also the ending of a phase, let it end.

Hi Pamuya, I've read posts you have made in the past and I'd just like to say I think you interpret spreads very well :)

nisaba

I'm not sure what my tarot reader asked but I'm pretty sure it was a future card for us. She was looking at what was happening and then got the 10 if pentacles

Okay, so a stage in the future, rather than an outcome card.

What deck was used? In the RW deck, the Ten Pentacles is pretty positive if the relationship is not happy. It shows community members in a public space - perhaps we will wander out of the relationship into the larger community and not bother you any more. Or you will force him to do that.

WalesWoman

10's are the culmination of the suit... much like the World or WOF for that matter, things are going to change one way or another and can't continue the way it is or has been. In any case, it involves the next step and that is entirely up to you and which way you decide to go.

Not to be contrary, but it seems that 10's are endings more than beginnings. A friend read for a bride the day before her wedding, the outcome card was 10 Pentacles, they assumed it meant a big family thing and all was going to be wonderful... unfortunately, the bride was left waiting at the alter and that was the end of that. Since then I've taken a much less rosy view, but then I also don't know what the other cards were in that spread.

Since this is a distance relationship, without physical contact, I think more than likely 10 Pentacles means the end of the way things are now. It could be you need more than this and it's ran it's course, especially since it's Pentacles of physical/material/matter rather than Cups or Wands.