3 tens

BrightEye

10 Swords, 10 Wands, and 10 Disks came up in two readings I did today, one in may daily reading and two in a more specific one, dealing with a certain aspect of today. I wonder whether this might be significant. The 10 Cups was conspicuously absent, but since I used the Thoth, I was glad: no emotional satiety.

10s are associated with Malkuth, this world, which might indicate that nothing of spiritual significant occurred. They are also about endings and beginnings: a phase has ended and a new one is about to begin?

Aladdin

Yes, i think that is quite right in that some sort of transition is underway.

Some time ago i had all four tens and Death telling me the that the mode of transit to the question asked was the next best thing to impossible.

This is partly why i now cast four cards rather than three as a minimum so that all elements can manifest potentially.

BrightEye

Thanks, Aladdin.
Aladdin said:
This is partly why i now cast four cards rather than three as a minimum so that all elements can manifest potentially.
That's actually a really good idea. Will do that from now on. Or at least try it.

canid

According to Kat Black's lil book, 3 tens means commerce - buying, selling, trading. Four tens, however, indicate worry about the above.

BrightEye

Scratches head... I wasn't buying, selling or trading anything yesterday.

214red

i tend to think completion, something is near the end of the cycle, can even be stuck in the cycle and needs to move onto the next cycle.

BrightEye

A stressful period (workwise) came to an end yesterday, so that would be indicated the 10 of wands. The other two tens were in relation to a conversation I had with someone I'm fond of. It must not have gone well for him (I drew the 10 of swords with the 10 of Pents as shadow card). It clearly seemed that the way we conduct our acquaintance needs to change due to things that have happened over the summer. And I don't think it will end. It will just be.. different, I think.

Aladdin

BrightEye,

My little book by Jonathan Dee simply states "legal problems" for three tens.

nisaba

Aladdin said:
BrightEye,

My little book by Jonathan Dee simply states "legal problems" for three tens.
<considering>

Lawyers have a lot of money (Ten Pentacles).

Legal complications can be an exhausting burden (Ten Wands).

The legal system as we know it is adversarial (Ten Swords).

All the lawyers I've ever known (which has been quite a few, given my personal background) are totally self-indulgent in their personal lives (Ten Cups).

I can see where he got that from, but I don't agree.

What if "Legal problems" is totally incorrect for the person having the reading done, but the Ten Cups is appropriate for their emotions, the Ten Pentacles is appropriate for their finances, and the Ten Wands is appropriate for their workload since their business partner went on a three-month holiday? Should the deck somehow throw you three less appropriate cards, so that you don't mistake their individual meanings for "legal problems"?

I read each card as it comes. I generally only combine cards if they are screaming at me to be combined, and when that happens, it is vanishingly rare indeed that the cards screaming to be interpreted together are actually the same numeric value.