Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot ~ The Hermit

Hemera

This must be one of my all time favourite Hermit cards. There just seems to be everything in place in this card; the quiet solitude, the introversion, the gentle quiet togetherness, the guidance. This is also a very feminine card compared to the old bearded male sages in their distant mountains, or some version thereof, that one often sees in the Hermit. I feel more Crone-kind-of energy in this card.
There are two snail ladies who seem to be slowly circling a big mandala floor that makes me think of a circus ring. The snail ladies are dressed in long peppermint striped dresses and they each carry a light in their hand. I think they could also be squirrels who have a fluffy peppermint striped tail, but they seem to move so slowly that I like to see them as snails. Whatever they are, they each seem to drag something that looks like a burden behind them. Their eyes are closed so they are both looking inward but they are also guiding themselves and each other with that light that they carry. They illuminate the path and the whole area for us. They are both circling their own individual path but they are together in it.

LWB: Be silent for a time and shut out all external influence. Retreat into solitude to see your way more clearly.
Key concepts: Wisdom, solitude, a spiritual guide or mentor.

Attachments

• Ceccoli Hermit.jpg
    Ceccoli Hermit.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,880

ana luisa

Thank you for posting this :) That's a VERY rich card, I agree. The hair looking like dark smoke reminds me of the expression burning the midnight oil... The snails could also be the same person, growing on one aspect and going back to square one to learn something different. Even the drawing on their shell that seems to be pulling the eyes TO THE CENTER: bringing your thoughts back to what really matters and the core of worries. And the candles: as long as the flame is alive, so are you. Perfect .

Hemera

. The snails could also be the same person, growing on one aspect and going back to square one to learn something different. Even the drawing on their shell that seems to be pulling the eyes TO THE CENTER: bringing your thoughts back to what really matters and the core of worries. And the candles: as long as the flame is alive, so are you. Perfect .
Oh, that they could be the same person? This is such an interesting idea! I'll have to add this to my notebook. And yes, the CENTER of things. Makes sense! :thumbsup:

skywatching

This would have to be one of my favourite images of the Hermit :)

I see this in two ways, the small person could be another aspect of the Hermit but I have also seen this card to indicate a teacher / student dynamic.

The small Hermit is following in the footsteps of the larger one who has walked this path before and they are passing on everything they have learnt along the way.

So the small Hermit will grow into the large Hermit

Citrin

The snails could also be the same person, growing on one aspect and going back to square one to learn something different.

Yes, this is exactly how I see it in this card! :) That the snail woman is one, but the second snail woman is like a mirror. Also that she is seeing herself grow, so she knows she's on the right path so to speak. :)

Legobird

I looked abit at snail symbology...they have 2 types of slime apparantly! One is the slime that provides traction and forward motion for the snail, and the other is like a healing slime....incase the snail goes over rough terrain and injures itself. It helps heal really quickly... i just love how this relates beautifully to the hermit.... a journey of self discovey, spirituality and self healing.

ana luisa

I looked abit at snail symbology...they have 2 types of slime apparantly! One is the slime that provides traction and forward motion for the snail, and the other is like a healing slime....incase the snail goes over rough terrain and injures itself. It helps heal really quickly... i just love how this relates beautifully to the hermit.... a journey of self discovey, spirituality and self healing.

Thank you Legobird for this extra insight !!! Really cool and quite helpful :)

Legobird

Thankyou ana luisa 🙏