Queen of Wands Rx

misskatie

I am getting the Queen of Wands both upright and reversed lately in a lot of readings...and am starting to think this is the card that represents me. Some of this Queen's qualities definitely fit me lol...BUT I am very shy...I don't think by nature though...if I could break out of my shell I could and would be a total Queen of Wands...which maybe isn't such a good thing!

So my question is about this Queen reversed. We all know that she's feisty, bossy, and a tad bit vindictive. :) Could the Queen Wands Rx be someone who hasn't broken out of her shell and represent someone on the shyer side?

Just a thought.

afrosaxon

Always do a forum search: lots of hidden nuggets there, although it takes time to sift through (but it's worth it!). It also keeps from reinventing the wheel. ;)

How does the Queen of Wands rx Feel?

Queen of Wands as Introverted

Queen of Wands

That being said...the Queen of Wands rx can go one of two ways: in an energy sense, she is not feeling her usual "up", creative, energetic self. She's feeling a bit rundown, like she just needs a mental health day or two to shore up her energies.

But as a behavior: the Queen of Wands rx is that type of woman who is usually referred to as "a crazy b**tch". :D You know the one...will get in your face when she's upset or angry, and usually at top volume, calling you everything but a child of God. Will throw anything at you (literally) that she can put her hands on: dishes, small electronics--whatever makes a good projectile. Will follow up with swings on you...swings, scratches, bites--whatever works. Is not above grabbing a knife, frying pan, or other instrument to inflict maximum pain and suffering. Will slash tires, break windshields, key the sides of cars, pour sugar in your gas tank...yeah, that's her. Is probably used to the police being called on her. :laugh: Is also very good at giving mind-blowing make-up sex. })

Thirteen describes her somewhere on this forum as the woman who will set your stuff on fire when pissed (think Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale, when she loaded her cheating husband's expensive clothing into his very nice BMW...and torched the whole thing in her yard. Disturbing, but oddly empowering. :cool:)

That phrase "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? In the passionate sense, that's the Q of W rx...although each queen has her personal method of revenge, depending on the suit (dammit, where is that passage by Thirteen where she breaks down the vengeance of each queen? Oh well--I'll paraphrase):

--Q of Pents will wipe out your bank account and leave you with nothing (literally) but the clothes on your back and the cash in your wallet ('cause your credit cards would have been maxed by her).

--Q of Cups will push every emotional button till you're a sniveling heap, curled up in a fetal position, sucking your thumb.

--Q of Swords will put all of your business in the street (especially the stuff you don't want known) to the point that you'll be lucky if your mother will still speak to you; and she'll do it so classily and cool. She may even make up some totally plausible stuff (e.g. "Well, I can't prove that he wears my underwear under his suit, but I did notice certain lingerie items missing after he'd leave. But that shouldn't have any bearing on his ability to run your company's division. More coffee?").

(but I digress)

Hope this helps.

T.

starrystarrynight

Could the Queen Wands Rx be someone who hasn't broken out of her shell and represent someone on the shyer side?
I don't see the Q of W as someone in the least bit shy--more the drama queen type, who, instead of using her passion for outward good (good job, a passion for home and family life), she internalizes it and takes it to heart...thereby lashing out at others with all that pent-up energy over the things that don't go her way.

And I've met my share of male Queens of Wands, too...:)

no_moon

It totally makes sense that a Queen of Wands reversed would be shy to me! I see it as the blockage of her creative energies and agree heartily with afrosaxon that Q of W in her reversed state could be the queen feeling rundown, unnoticed by others (and possibly sulking about it) or like she wants to go hide somewhere in an uncharacteristically shy moment.

Seeing both the reversal and upright versions, perhaps this queen is telling you that if you don't get out there and have a bit of fun, meet some people, and enjoy life, life's not worth living! It's good to think ahead, but it's also okay to put yourself on the line sometimes without overthinking the consequences.

Also, afrosaxon, I read that thread about the queens too and just can't seem to locate it at the moment. :( How annoying!

This one might be helpful though:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=66996&highlight=queen+wands

starrystarrynight

MissKatie said:
Could the Queen Wands Rx be someone who hasn't broken out of her shell and represent someone on the shyer side?
no_moon said:
It totally makes sense that a Queen of Wands reversed would be shy to me! I see it as the blockage of her creative energies and agree heartily with afrosaxon that Q of W in her reversed state could be the queen feeling rundown, unnoticed by others (and possibly sulking about it) or like she wants to go hide somewhere in an uncharacteristically shy moment.
Interesting thoughts. I think I would see that more as the Queen of Cups, Rx, though...except for the "unnoticed by others" part, because that would fit the Q of W, Rx, too. Hmmm...something to think about. Thanks, guys!

sweet_intuition

afrosaxon said:
the Queen of Wands rx is that type of woman who is usually referred to as "a crazy b**tch". :D You know the one...will get in your face when she's upset or angry, and usually at top volume, calling you everything but a child of God. Will throw anything at you (literally) that she can put her hands on: dishes, small electronics--whatever makes a good projectile. Will follow up with swings on you...swings, scratches, bites--whatever works. Is not above grabbing a knife, frying pan, or other instrument to inflict maximum pain and suffering. Will slash tires, break windshields, key the sides of cars, pour sugar in your gas tank...yeah, that's her. Is probably used to the police being called on her. :laugh: Is also very good at giving mind-blowing make-up sex. })

You just described me when I'm in my pissy tantrum diva mood! :D

janee

afrosaxon said:
Always do a forum search: lots of hidden nuggets there, although it takes time to sift through (but it's worth it!). It also keeps from reinventing the wheel. ;)

How does the Queen of Wands rx Feel?

Queen of Wands as Introverted

Queen of Wands

That being said...the Queen of Wands rx can go one of two ways: in an energy sense, she is not feeling her usual "up", creative, energetic self. She's feeling a bit rundown, like she just needs a mental health day or two to shore up her energies.

But as a behavior: the Queen of Wands rx is that type of woman who is usually referred to as "a crazy b**tch". :D You know the one...will get in your face when she's upset or angry, and usually at top volume, calling you everything but a child of God. Will throw anything at you (literally) that she can put her hands on: dishes, small electronics--whatever makes a good projectile. Will follow up with swings on you...swings, scratches, bites--whatever works. Is not above grabbing a knife, frying pan, or other instrument to inflict maximum pain and suffering. Will slash tires, break windshields, key the sides of cars, pour sugar in your gas tank...yeah, that's her. Is probably used to the police being called on her. :laugh: Is also very good at giving mind-blowing make-up sex. })

Thirteen describes her somewhere on this forum as the woman who will set your stuff on fire when pissed (think Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale, when she loaded her cheating husband's expensive clothing into his very nice BMW...and torched the whole thing in her yard. Disturbing, but oddly empowering. :cool:)

That phrase "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? In the passionate sense, that's the Q of W rx...although each queen has her personal method of revenge, depending on the suit (dammit, where is that passage by Thirteen where she breaks down the vengeance of each queen? Oh well--I'll paraphrase):

--Q of Pents will wipe out your bank account and leave you with nothing (literally) but the clothes on your back and the cash in your wallet ('cause your credit cards would have been maxed by her).

--Q of Cups will push every emotional button till you're a sniveling heap, curled up in a fetal position, sucking your thumb.

--Q of Swords will put all of your business in the street (especially the stuff you don't want known) to the point that you'll be lucky if your mother will still speak to you; and she'll do it so classily and cool. She may even make up some totally plausible stuff (e.g. "Well, I can't prove that he wears my underwear under his suit, but I did notice certain lingerie items missing after he'd leave. But that shouldn't have any bearing on his ability to run your company's division. More coffee?").

(but I digress)

Hope this helps.

T.

I love this. This is sort of how I see it too except you express it much better than I do, so dramatic.

Firewind17

maybe the oh-so-negative thoughts about her is the reversed

I'm not new to tarot but have been away from it for a long time.
I'm sort of re-learning, I guess.

I was saddened by the descriptions given to the Queen of Wands.
There is an entirely different way to see this card. I think she is
in touch with her own power. She knows what she wants and
knows how to get it. Whatever she has to say to you will be said
to your face, not behind your back. This is definitely a strong person,
male or female and not someone to be triffled with. Perhaps reversed
she could be the b**ch and all those other things but upright
I don't see her as such a negative energy. She will fight but it will
be a fair fight.

Since she is a very high energy person and very open I think she
could represent someone shy in reverse. There are a lot of different
ways to read reversals but in my humble opinion, this could be one of them.