Four of Wands and Timing

Sportsfreak

I know wands are generally fast moving but what about the Four of Wands since it's a more stable, fire type of card?

Basically I asked a question about two people and what would happen to them in the future and in my mind while asking the question I also sort of implied that I wanted to have an estimation of when this might take place:

I just pulled a one carder and got the Four of Wands...

The card does seem to me to positively
indicate that there will be some kind of reunion or at least stability in
the relationship if both people are willing to put something forth, indicating the wand cards, to me, have a
real force and energy behind them, where things seem to be happening soon. I love the peacefulness of the Four of Wands. I always get a good feeling whenever I pull this. Such a lovely card.

Anyway, is there some sort of time frame with the Four of Wands that anyone uses?

Thanks.

Asbestos Mango

I don't know about time frames for particular cards. For me, the "when" depends on where it falls in the reading, and then that can range from "within the next week or so" to "months, maybe years".

Still, fours represent stability, and the Four of Wands is a card of celebratory happiness, so if it has fallen in a "future" position, I would say that your couple will be happy over the long haul. When that happiness will commence may be somewhat up in the air.

alonewiththesea

Sportsfreak said:
I know wands are generally fast moving but what about the Four of Wands since it's a more stable, fire type of card?

Basically I asked a question about two people and what would happen to them in the future and in my mind while asking the question I also sort of implied that I wanted to have an estimation of when this might take place:

I just pulled a one carder and got the Four of Wands...

The card does seem to me to positively
indicate that there will be some kind of reunion or at least stability in
the relationship if both people are willing to put something forth, indicating the wand cards, to me, have a
real force and energy behind them, where things seem to be happening soon. I love the peacefulness of the Four of Wands. I always get a good feeling whenever I pull this. Such a lovely card.

Anyway, is there some sort of time frame with the Four of Wands that anyone uses?

Thanks.

i work with a woman whos teaching me tarot cards and she showed me how she did it with me when she realized i was worried about being pregnant. there was the 9 of wands by and i cant remember what card which indicated worry and on top of that was empress. So she took from that i was worried about being pregnant 9 months and worry based on the 9 of wands. Everyone does this differently. Some elements go for different times of the year and some court cards based on how i personally air is weeks, fire is months earth is year and water cards can vary depending on the card placements.
Theres alot of websites that indicate what each card goes by based on element properties fire is wands and fire signs are impatient and do things on a whim so to me if its the four of wands i would suggest that that would be something to happen in a few weeks, very soon.

Amanda

Hm.. for some reason I'm thinking I associated Wands to weeks. Cups to days, swords to months, pentacles to years. So if I were to read this as timing, I would say approximately 4 weeks. I don't rely heavily on timing that way though...

Sportsfreak

Thank you everyone for your insightful thoughts! I am learning so much. Please keep the discussion going. Thanks again! :)

Volos

I think it shows that the 'energy' has already been put forth and properly directed, so yeah, you're in a good place.
So far as timeframes, I've never used cards this way, but here's a possibility: the 4 of wands is associated with the 3rd decan of Aries, so maybe this reunion will happen in late mid-April?
Really, that's just a stab in the dark, but who knows? If it actually happens in late mid-April, I'll revise this and claim that I knew it all along.

bluelagune

Just got this card for timing. Anyone else has experience to share ???

Amanda

Yes, actually. I no longer view Wands as weeks. I've come a longer way with timing since 2009. :D 4 of Wands = 4 Days to me, or otherwise comes up to suggest the timing is around a traditional celebration (birthday, anniversary, etc.).

TheProphet

You can also go by astrological timing, which would be April 10-20 for the 4 of Wands.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

bluelagune

Yes, actually. I no longer view Wands as weeks. I've come a longer way with timing since 2009. :D 4 of Wands = 4 Days to me, or otherwise comes up to suggest the timing is around a traditional celebration (birthday, anniversary, etc.).

Yes, IVe had 5 of wands come as 5 days but then cups sometimes become days. Thanks though. I'm wondering when you got this card, what was the topic of your question?