What mnemonics and data sets do you use with your decks?

mac22

What mnemonics and data sets do you use with your decks? Just how do you organize your Tarot knowledge for various decks? How do you use/organize your tropes, symbols, rebuses, meditations, esoteric, insights, meanings & connections etc.?

mac22

6 Haunted Days

In my head and in my journal.

JonMAblaze

Mnemonics? Data sets? For Tarot??? You're asking the wrong guy.

mac22

JonMAblaze said:
Mnemonics? Data sets? For Tarot??? You're asking the wrong guy.

Mnemonics = a mental tag, a memory decive.

Data set = how you group & organize things.

Mac22

elvenstar

Errr... I don't :| I just let it all sink into the unfathomable depths of my subconscious mind and hope/trust it will bubble up to the surface as needed. Or perhaps I'm just lazy ;)

mac22

elvenstar said:
Errr... I don't :| I just let it all sink into the unfathomable depths of my subconscious mind and hope/trust it will bubble up to the surface as needed. Or perhaps I'm just lazy ;)

That's one way....:)

mac22

Rosanne

I print out the LWB of the deck in question and scribble all over it; then I put the folded paper with the deck.
The decks I use the most I have scanned in and are in a Document file with bits and pieces/links/ cut and pastes.
I have a History file and I cut and paste from the forum with things that are related to either decks in general or specific decks.
I used to journal and I had ring binders- but when I was flooded I lost my journal binders- which was a ....(censored)
My most important aid is a large A3 portfolio with copies of the cards and info like a huge scrapbook with 78 sections.
The cards themselves are the best devices as they are portable, so the info is now a lot in my head.
Five books in the Main, are also mnemonics and data sets.
Huson: Mystical Origins, Meditations on the Tarot,Cooper:Encyl. of Traditional symbols,O'Neill: Tarot Symbolism, and a huge Encly. of Astronomy/ Astrology.
And a file on the Computer called KWAW :D
~Rosanne

thorhammer

elvenstar said:

ME TOO! And I don't think I'm lazy! I spend every other waking moment of my life quantifying, counting, measuring, testing things to the nth detail and to me Tarot is about relinquishing that crushing grip on things and allowing the subconscious to run free.

I think that compartmentalising, organising and generally over-working Tarot defeats the whole purpose of this mission for me. I have an inkling that there are quite a few others here that will probably agree with me.

\m/ Kat

6 Haunted Days

thorhammer said:
ME TOO! And I don't think I'm lazy! I spend every other waking moment of my life quantifying, counting, measuring, testing things to the nth detail and to me Tarot is about relinquishing that crushing grip on things and allowing the subconscious to run free.

I think that compartmentalising, organising and generally over-working Tarot defeats the whole purpose of this mission for me. I have an inkling that there are quite a few others here that will probably agree with me.

\m/ Kat

Exactly! You hit it spot on. Same for me :)

JonMAblaze

mac22 said:
Mnemonics = a mental tag, a memory decive.

Data set = how you group & organize things.

Mac22
Sorry, I know that. I just meant that I find that sort of thinking to be an obstacle, rather than an aid, to my practice.