What's your fav Crowley quip?

tantricknite

A quote from Yeats about Crowley on why the second order refused to bestow upon Crowley his 5=6. "We did not admit him because we do not think a mystical society was intended to be a reformitory".........

Aeon418

Crowley on Faith...

Faith in its Meaning Number One was perfectly well defined by the schoolboy: "the faculty of believing that which we know to be untrue." It is at least the acceptance of any statement as true without criticism, examination, verification, or any other method of test. Faith of this sort is evidently the main symptom of the moron, the half-wit, the village idiot. It is this kind of faith upon the possession and exercise of which religious persons always insist as the first condition of salvation.

OOnaOwl

uncle AL says

"Pure Will, unussuaged of purpose, and delivered from the lust of results, is in every way perfect"

Aeon418

Crowley on Yoga

Sit still.
Stop thinking.
Shut up.
Get out!

Lleminawc

That reminds me of another meditation quip (not due to AC):

Don't just do something - sit there!

ZenMusic

"Sometimes I hate myself" << reportedly his last words

Aeon418

Crowley's response to a student's complaint about the difficulty of living in a tent with wife and child:

"I’ve been one of 5 big men in a tent 7’6x6 in a hurricane blizzard on a glacier. But you win". :laugh:

Queen of Disks

"The Mystery of Sorrow was consoled long ago when it went out for a drink with the Universal joke."

FaireMaiden

"You're all a pack of cards!"

kwaw

Cyril Grey had once said, speaking at a Woman's Suffrage Meeting:

"Woman has no soul, only sex; no morals, only moods; her mind is mob-rule; therefore she, and she only, ought to Vote."

He had sat down amid a storm of hisses; and received fourteen proposals of marriage within the next twenty-four hours.