Oracle One Deck Wonder Support Thread

Little Hare

The purpose of this thread is to offer support, friendship and learning through the process of an Oracle One Deck Wonder.

What is an Oracle One Deck Wonder?

OODW is Using ONE Oracle for a set period of time, to learn, bond and strengthen the ties between yourself and the oracle you have chosen.

When Do I Start?

Now. This will be an ongoing thread, anyone is welcome to join at anytime.

Can I use Tarot, other oracles while doing this?

The point of this exercise is to work with one oracle. If you wish to work with tarot and other oracles then this may not be the best time for you to commence a OODW. To do a Tarot one deck wonder then look for the thread in the 'tarot, games and fun section'.... and now a lovely quote from Scion

Scion said:
"Not to be all pedantic, but the whole point of the One Deck Wonder exercise is to remove all the distractions. No oracles, no extra decks, no separate decks for paying clients, no quickly dashing over to the cabinet for a comparison. That is literally the nature of the exercise."

Tip, Tricks etc.
:heart:If you are apprehensive about doing this. Be kind to yourself! :heart: start off small, commit to only one week and see how you go from there.

Your First Post
Please can you state what oracle you want to use, your starting date and how long you wish to do the ODW for :D

Most of all, don't be afraid to share, have fun and give hugs!
:heart:
:party:

Lets get this baby rollin

What started all this?

well legend has it a conversation between Umbrae and Satori (who was then known as Elf) Spawned the Tarot ODW. The challenge to work exclusively with one tarot deck for six months... ( one with basic symbols e.g. Internation Icon or Marsellies) no other decks, no distractions.... Voila! the One Deck Wonder was created

SpiritOfTheDogz

As you don't really want us to use tarot aswell can we sign up for a short time, say a month, then do tarot for a week or two and return to the oracle where we left off for another month or so. This way we wouldn't be using them at the same time, just taking a break!

Paul

GryffinSong

Spirit of the Wheel Meditation Deck

I'm going to use my Spirit of the Wheel deck. I'm going to commit to just one week at this point, and will re-evaluate at the end of the week. I will start today, and will post the reading later, once I do it. ;)

C'mon in, the water's fine! :)

Little Hare

Great Idea Paul :laugh:
That's being creative.

Way to go GryffinSong! I won't be starting the OODW just yet as i'm awaiting something in the mail and want to check it all out first before I start.

GryffinSong

peace_pixie said:
Great Idea Paul :laugh:
That's being creative.

Way to go GryffinSong! I won't be starting the OODW just yet as i'm awaiting something in the mail and want to check it all out first before I start.

As I understood the tarot one deck wonder, folks are allowed to open their new decks to make sure they're ok. I'll try to stick with a tiny peek when my New Century Tarot arrives. ;)

SpiritOfTheDogz

I will be using the Fairy Ring for 30 days starting from THURSDAY 29TH MAY

For the first 5 day period I will use the spring suite only + 2 festival cards
For the second 5 day period I will use the Summer suite only + 2 festival cards
For the third 5 day period I will use the Autumn suite only + 2 festival cards
For the fourth 5 day period I will use the Winter suite only + 2 festival cards

For these periods I'll stick exclusively to the Fairy Ring Spread

For the final 10 days I'll be using them all and a variety of spreads, mostly from the book.

I am aiming at getting at least one reading in a day

Well that's the plan, we'll see what happens when it gets put in to practice :bugeyed:

Paul

GryffinSong

I did an eight-card spread called the Sacred Pipe this evening. It was beautiful, and a bit overwhelming in the sheer amount of insight. I'm not sure I want to type it all in, so will share a shorter one right now.

Afterwards, I chose one single card for the evening. I got ...

Thunderbird Clan

... which is a beautiful card with white eagles on it. I often see my spirit animal as a white eagle, and the card is about imminent change, rebuilding, and the life force.

I'm feeling really positive about the steps I'm about to take in my life, and feel that this card represents all that positive energy that's starting to flow around building an art studio and spreading some roots here in Washington.

MysticalMoose

Hello All :)

I MysticalMoose will commit to the ODW with the RGFC for a period of one month initially from today 27th May 2008. I will however open & check the 3 new decks that I am expecting in the post but I will not use them!!! :D I will do all my readings with the RGFC both in person & online & also will offer readings with the RGFC in the oracle readings thread as soon as I feel comfortable doing so. In addition I will do a daily reading for myself using one card. I have found this to be interesting & one or more full readings for myself in any one week. I will post my daily doings on this thread!!! :D

I am really excited about this, got to get back to work now but will do more tonight!!! :)

GryffinSong

I chose one card this morning, and pulled one of the cards that came up in the Sacred Pipe spread from yesterday.

Ducks Fly Moon, which is about sychronicity, balance and certainty! It has Canada geese on the card, and the description mentions Raven. Both are birds associated with the man who owns the land on which I'm camped, and on which I hope to build my studio. I see this as encouragement that being here will help me get back into balance, become grounded once more (in a good way - not the grounded pilot bad kind of way). And that this newly-restored balance will be a strong, creative, joyful place.

GryffinSong

I'm glad I gave myself permission to peek at decks that came in the mail. I just got a used deck today and it was not as described. :(