The Hermit as outcome

moderndayruth

It was a general reading for myself, i was 'in the zone' and pulled couple of cards...
The whole reading - as always in such cases - feels affirmative and positive and the Hermit came to the position of what can be predicted.

Now, that's my Soul card too (my birth day summed up and reduced to one digit) and think that so far i've been struggling with Hermit's darker side - his loneliness, self imposed isolation, sometimes unnecessary clinging to the past etc.

The feeling of this reading is all different, and the deck contributes to it too - its the Hermit from the Journey to the Orient:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24562186@N05/5403301105/

What do you see in him?

I recalled Lao Tze...

The Way that can be experienced is not true;
The world that can be constructed is not true.
The Way manifests all that happens and may happen;
The world represents all that exists and may exist.

To experience without intention is to sense the world;
To experience with intention is to anticipate the world.
These two experiences are indistinguishable;
Their construction differs but their effect is the same.

Beyond the gate of experience flows the Way,
Which is ever greater and more subtle than the world.

(from: http://www.chinapage.com/gnl.html )

nisaba

The Hermit is apart from socity, but not away from society. The Hermit is someone who is comdfortable in their own skin, who doesn't need to be adored to feel good about themself. The Hermit is available to mentor others, while recognising what they can't do or teach, and being prepared to retreat to learn.

The hermit is he or she who brings their own light, their own quill, to the universal Book of Wisdom that lives in the darkest heart of humanity, not just one who, like the Pope, learns from it and disseminates that learning to others.

moderndayruth

What a beautiful, Hermit inspired short-short story! Thank you, dear!

Rhinemaiden

Nisaba... what a lovely interpretation of the hermit

nisaba

<bows gravely>