View Single Post
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_scorp View Post
I see no reason why you couldn't just lay one deck down as the reading cloth, so to speak (actually I think I read somewhere, or watched a Youtube (maybe Not Fortune's Fool) of this.

In the meantime, I was thinking that I could create a graphic in Photoshop or Illustrator and place the Kipper cards in grand tableau house order. Then, I could use the graphic as a background in Orphalese and then I could manually deal out either deck on top. Though, maybe I should just set the grand tableau up as the spread (so I can put the house notes in the position notes field)...hmm....thinking, thinking. Maybe I'll do both.
I use Laura Tuan's large Lenormand Oracle for GT houses because the card numbers stick out over the upper edge of any smaller cards I place on top (I still haven't memorized all of the house positions). Since it seems the Fin de Siecle Kipper cards are the same size as the Gilded Reverie, the same approach should work if I combine the decks for reading in some way. I intend to create a spread cloth with large house "fields" since the one's I've seen on sale won't meet my need. The main disadvantage of using cards for houses is you have to lay them out every time, so I've been thinking of creating a board with plastic pockets that I could slip the larger cards into and just leave them there, since I don't use them for reading. When I travel I can just switch back to the other way.
Top   #38