View Single Post
Citizen

celticnoodle 

I think they are just different. Like Ace says, yes, some people may think one or the other is more difficult to learn, but once you learn it and practice with it--you become proficient and its no longer the difficult thing to learn.

When I first began to read, I thought tarot was ridiculously difficult to read then, I realized, you don't need to memorize anything. Just be intuitive and read what YOU see in the picture.

After awhile the usual system of meanings for each card is apparent, but I still try to read intuitively rather then just spit out some meaning that is the same in every tarot book out there. So, as a result, I also really don't have much trouble reading oracles either. I do my best to pick a deck that I can find meaning in each card and read the pictures as they tell the story--NOT what someone else has assigned a meaning to, though after awhile, you may begin to actually see what is the "accepted" meaning anyway.

So, tarot and oracles both, while they may seem very hard in the beginning, as long as you find what works for you in reading--whether it is to memorize meanings or if it is to read intuitively--I think either of them could be easy. So, the trick is to find what works for you and stick with it! Regardless of what others think. These are TOOLS. You may use the tool differently from another, but as long as you get the job done, who cares how it is used?
Top   #9