The Moon Rx as mental illness or lunacy ?

novenovembre

I've done a weird reading today for a woman who was asking about a man she is kind of involved with...there were some really "disturbing" cards for him, which in the beginning I couldn't quite make sense of, in particular, the Moon rx kept showing up....I kept seeing it pop up everywhere, and suddenly I remembered one of its darkest associations : mental illness, lunacy, irrational or inconsistent behaviour due to some kind of mental dirsorder or disturbance....so I tried to ask her about it very tactfully, asking if maybe she had had the impression that he was not feeling very well (!) , and it was as if suddenly she had realized what the problem was with him....maybe he needed to see a doctor...? I mean a psychiatrist, or something similar....Is that meaning of the Moon one that you are familiar with ?

laurence

I would agree if the card repeats itself rv: It can be among other interpretations a trauma of the unconscious, bipolar syndrome... Was It surrounding by Swords?
Moon rv can also just be a "simple"feeling of insecurity.

PAMUYA

One meaning of the moon for me is not seeing things clearly or not living in reality. That could mean mental illness.

novenovembre

I would agree if the card repeats itself rv: It can be among other interpretations a trauma of the unconscious, bipolar syndrome... Was It surrounding by Swords?
Moon rv can also just be a "simple"feeling of insecurity.

Yes, it was surrounded by swords....you know, I also thought of a bipolar syndrome...

novenovembre

One meaning of the moon for me is not seeing things clearly or not living in reality. That could mean mental illness.

And also being paranoid and obsessive....to a pathological level....

agent199

I think one of the most common interpretations of The Moon Rx. is someone that does't know how to handle their own disturbing emotions.

novenovembre

I think one of the most common interpretations of The Moon Rx. is someone that does't know how to handle their own disturbing emotions.

Yes, this is certainly true....but I wonder if there is something more....I mean, when does it become pathological ? The Moon is already quite disturbing when it is upright....

agent199

I think it can be pathological when The Moon is upright or reversed. Just that the upright is where the madness of the disease would be kicked in. The reversed would be where the person is living the cure of the illness, not the disease. If that makes any sense.

novenovembre

Thats just it, I think it becomes more pathological (madness) when The Moon is upright not reversed.

I' ve alwaysdone the opposite; reversed it becomes more extreme...but I think the main thing are the surrounding cards....

FlyingPenguin

I can really see how The Moon can represent mental illness. As some people have suggested Bipolar Disorder could be an option. Although I am getting the feeling that it might be something darker. The Moon is mysterious, and I can see it also as hiding something. I think as you mentioned it being surrounded by swords that could indicate something more pathological. Maybe this person is good at hiding their dark side and has hidden intentions? My thought is that it could indicate a possible psychopath. Being upside down to me, emphasizes more of the hidden/darker side.